Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm getting FAT! ... and it's pissing me off!!!

Last night, when planning today's wardrobe, I tried on one of my J Crew pencil skirts that had wiggle hip-room last summer... to only find that I don't have any wiggle room this summer. In fact, the skirt on me made me look like a freshly cooked plumped up sausage in casing ... you know the ones, they pop when you pierce the casing? That was me.

Okay, it's not like I'm fat, fat! The skirt was a J Crew size 4 after all. The waist was fine on me, but the hips???!!! Oh My Gosh! That was something else! What's up with my hips??? Where did all this extra stuff come from??? When did it arrive??? What's up with me????

Okay, ... That was a rhetorical question because I know exactly what is up with me and my widening hips. I know exactly what I haven't been doing and what I've been doing and why I'm doing what I'm doing. So, as of today, I'm going to:

  1. Eat Clean - in other words, eat less junk. Cut out the cheese and crackers before dinner, lose the Hawkins Cheesies as an after meal snack plus the ice-cream, the cake, the cookies, the Lemon Meringue Pie, ... even Angel Food Cake!
  2. Work Out Regularly and in the Mornings - I used to work out solely in the mornings and lost 50 lbs doing that (and by eating cleanly as well) but then late last year, I became lazy. I started sleeping through my workouts. Feeling guilty for doing this, I started working out in the evenings but then I'd work late or have to attend some business function and all of a sudden, my 5-6 day a week workout shrank to 2 days a week. Sad, really! So no more sleeping in! Morning workouts it is for me!
  3. Stop Buying Crap - I buy Crap whenever I go to the Grocery Store. Cookies, Chips, Gourmet Cheeses, Candies, Gummies - particularly Gummes! I completely have NO self-control when it comes to Blueberry Gummies and Cola Bottle Gummies. I am like the Gummie Addict! I will literally lock myself in a room with a good book and polish off bags of Gummies. I just can't stop myself. So, if I don't buy them, I won't be able to eat them, right? So, no more Gummies, candies, chips, cookies, etc.

As I was saying to one of my girlfriends earlier today, it's not like I don't know what to do in order to remain at my target body configurement. My problem is the lack of motivation to remain at my target body configurement. I've done this time and time again! Why can't I get it into my thick skull that getting to my target is not a race but a life-long journey... a life-style change. To maintain my target body configurement, I need to continue to eat clean and workout. It's not rocket science! Yet, I have so much trouble with this concept!

I'm tired of my yo-yo body size. Notice that I didn't speak about weight? I don't believe in weight, per se, because we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. While a portion of my goal is to lose weight, Weight alone, is not my goal. Why? For instance, I definitely don't want to be a light, high-fat percentage person. However, I don't care if I'm a heavy, low-fat percentage person... because I know that a heavier, low-fat percentage person will look smaller in girth than a light weight, high-fat percentage person. So I'm not concentrating on weight. What I care about is body size and how my clothes fit on me.

So, back to what I was saying, I'm tired with the way my clothes fit on me so I've decided that enough is enough. Effective today, I'm smartening up! I'm going to eat right, work out regularly and quit buying junk.

Now that I've said it, I'd better live by my words, right? Well, that's my purpose. You're going to hold me accountable starting today.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be posting my measurements. Really? I'm going to be posting my measurements here tomorrow? Yes, I am. I'm going to be posting my measurements so that each of you can join me on my journey to a smaller, more comfortable in my own clothes, me! I hope I don't live to regret this! lol!

Be sure to check back tomorrow! Until then, be fierce, be strong, be yourself!

Love, Karen

3 comments:

RatsOnParade said...

This is SO timely! I've also let things go (perhaps, er, no, definitely a LOT too much!) As of last September, my skirts still fit - barely - but they did. Now I'm lucky to get into my fat pants (on a *good* day!) Why is it so hard to get up in the mornings? When the alarm goes off I don't even think "oh, I should get up and go to the gym." Nowadays I just roll over and go back to sleep. But no more! I just received my Tracy Anderson Method DVD in the mail, and that gym membership is still there too (even though I haven't been in two months!) I'm tired of being fat too darnit -- it's no fun (in addition to being sluggish, having no energy and feeling kind of sick all over from not eating the foods my body really wants!) I'm with ya, sister! Tomorrow's a new day. :)

Andrea said...

I can totally relate! Today is a week since I've started eating clean. I'm done with my extra chub. Started my morning workouts too. We can do it!! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hey RatsOnParade. We're going to battle this together! It's always more fun to do it in a group than by yourself. Why suffer alone when you can suffer with a bunch of other people, right? ;) Please be sure to update me on your progress.

Andrea, Good for you! The first week is always tough and then it gets easier. I started off with a 42 minute workout on the Elliptical this morning and so far today, I've been 100% clean. Baby steps, right? I agree, we can do this together. Please let me know how you're doing, okay?