Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anthropologie Review - Perilla Dress


style #18124172
$128.00


I've seen a number of Anthro Bloggers in the Perilla dress. And they've all looked soooo beautiful in it. And so, I had to try this dress on for myself.

Truth be told, I've never given this dress a second look the first time I laid eyes on it. It just didn't do anything for me. But seeing it on Ashley at Anthropologie Girl here and it looked just fabulous on her, I had to try it on.

And .... I looked far from fabulous. It was just Meh on me. And Meh was being generous. The dress just sorta hung there. I'm not sure if it's the fabric or the design or the color. Maybe I should have tried the other color. But something just wasn't doing it for me.

As for fit, I've got the size Small on. It fits well. The skirt is a tad long on me. If I had loved this dress, I would have to get the shoulders lifted so that the dress sits higher on my waist thus causing the skirt to lift a little.

Guess I won't have to do that because it just wasn't doing anything for me. So I left it at the store to be loved by someone else.




Have you tried the Perilla Dress on? What do you think of it? Do you love it?

4 comments:

prettyface said...

It's on my wishlist- I haven't tried it on, but I'm pretty that it's not going to look right on my body type...The top would be fine, but that skirt...Hmm.....haha I do love it though.

Carly said...

I ordered this and haven't recieved it yet... since that brand usually is too big on me, I sized down to an XS. I hope it works - I'm loving the stripes and the pretty gathering of flowers along the waist.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Prettyface. I'm sure the dress will look lovely on you. Per Carly's comment, I think I needed to size down. Maybe it would look better that way???

Hey Carly, have you received your dress yet? How does it fit?

Ashley- Anthropologie Girl said...

Hello! I think that this dress looks lovely on you. But it is all about how you feel in it. Thanks for the shoutout! I actually wore this dress last night for probably the 4th time and it already had some bad peeling. Yuck! Maybe you should be happy it didn't work for you :).