Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anthropologie Review - Licorice Lanes Skirt


style #18715235
$78.00

I look at this skirt and I immediately think of Licorice Allsorts. I LOVE Licorice Allsorts and the pretty pink and white parts remind me of my favorite part of Licorice Allsorts - the candy, coconut tasting parts.

The first time I saw this skirt online, I knew that I had to have it. But like all things in life, it's virtually impossible to have everything. Let's face it, if I bought everything I loved, I would honestly be broke and in-debt to my eyeballs. And like so many of you, I decided that I would wait for a sale.

As you know, I visited Anthropologie yesterday. Unlike some of you where an Anthro store is down the street from your office or half way across town, the closest Anthro store is a 3 hour car ride from me and it's not even in the same city or state for that matter. In fact, it's in a whole nother country.

It's a BIG deal to visit an Anthropologie store. I have to plan in advance. I just can't wake up and go. Hell! I have to bring a passport! So, it's never a, "hey, I've not nothing to do today, let's go to Anthro" type of thing. Anyway, I digress.

So after driving for 3+ hours, yes... I know, I said 3 hours but there was major road construction around the mall where Anthropologie is located and I had to take this detour and all which added another 20 minutes to my drive... but I finally arrived, pulled up to the front of the store and right in the front window, facing my car is the Licorice Lanes skirt.

It's like it knew that I was coming and so it came out to say "hello!". I immediately turned to my daughter and squealed, "Don't you just love that skirt?" To which Kitty replied, you mean the one that looks like Licorice Allsorts?

Oooooh! The battle was on. I was now battling the demon in me to keep from buying that skirt and bringing it home with me.

I stayed away from the skirt for as long as possible but finally caved to try it on.

As far as fit is concerned, it fits true to size. As you know, I normally wear between a size 4 and 6 skirt. I tried on the size 6 and it fits perfectlyl. Not too tight, not too lose, just perfect! The length is fabulous as well. It falls slightly below the top of my kneecap. This is important. I like my skirts to cover the top of my kneecaps. Why you ask??? Well, I have fat kneecaps. Yes, that's right. I hate that part of my leg that is slightly above my kneecap. It's fat. No one else can see this - trust me, I've brought it to many a people's attention, but they can't see it. But I can! It's there! Staring at me, day in, day out. Fat knee caps. Hate them! But I digress.

Since they cover up the fat part of my knees, I was thrilled! I had heard that this skirt fits short, but since I'm only 5'3.5" tall, it fits me exactly where I want it.

By this time, part of me really wanted to buy the skirt but the other part of me wanted to wait for a sale. But since I wasn't 100% sure, I asked that they hang on to it for me while I looked around the store some more.

They kept the skirt on the back counter - behind the cash registers. Everytime I walked by, I was certain that the skirt was taunting me, asking me to bring it home. In the bright and beautiful Anthro store, the colors of the skirt was stunning. The combination of bright coral, delicious watermelon, juicy bubblegum, combined with the black and the white, was impossible to miss. The colors are beyond stunning.

And so I caved. I bought it. My rationale was this. At $78, the skirt really isn't really pricey. Buying it now would thus allow me to wear it immediately. Had I waited for a sale, I would be shortening the amount of time I've got to wear it. Furthermore, had I waited for a sale, I would really only be saving $38. So I bought it.







What do you think of the Licorice Lanes Skirt? Do you own it? Have you tried it on? Do you like it? I can't wait to wear mine!


2 comments:

roxy said...

It looks fantastic on you!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thanks Roxy! I love the skirt on you too! (I was checking out your blog). I haven't yet worn it but I will soon.