Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anthropologie Review - Floreat Clock Skirt


I fell in-love with this skirt the very first time I laid eyes on it on Sara at You, Me & Anthropologie here. I knew right away, that I MUST have this skirt.

I love whimsical, unusual, different things. I love the look of Antique clock faces. I knew that I would be hard pressed to find another skirt like this, anywhere. So my mission began.

Knowing that I was going to be going to Seattle for the day, I called ahead to find out if they had the skirt and yes, indeed, they did. I got them to put it on hold for me so that I could try it on during my visit.

It was the very first thing I tried on yesterday and it didn't disappoint. It's stunning! It's fabulous! It's so me! I'm going to known as the girl with the clock skirt. People will say, hey, that's the girl with the clock skirt. I wonder where she got that fantastic skirt from. And I'll smile to myself because only you and I know exactly where it came from. Isn't it fabulous?

As far as fit is concerned, I normally wear between a size 4 or 6 at Anthropologie. In this Floreat skirt, I'm wearing a size 6 and the 6 fits like a glove. I tried the 4 on and it was a tad uncomfortable. So as to give you a better idea, I have a 29 inch waist (before eating, that is - for it expands exponentially after I eat). And since the skirt is full and poofy, there was no concern of fit in the hips.

The skirt is lined with a full hem topped with netting to give it extra poof. It also has a metal zipper. The waist band is 2" high and the skirt is gathered all around the waist. I like how the skirt is gathered. It's neither too full nor too flat. There's just the perfect amount of poof to bell-out the skirt and accentuate the waist.

I had originally thought that the clocks were printed on the skirt. They're not. They are actually embroidered on the skirt, together with the faces, numbers and hands.

It's darling! And at $118, I thought that it was priced well. I am normally a sale shopper - so for me to buy this skirt at full price is saying a lot about this skirt.

I love it! And I hope my awesome reader and newest friend Carly loves it too!

Since it hasn't shown up on the website, just in case anyone is looking for this skirt, the style number is: 18813535 (and that's for a size 4 - coz I'm reading it right off Carly's size 4 skirt that I had picked up for her yesterday). The size 6 style number is: 18813543.

Needless to say, it's come to live with me.... because I'm going to be known as the Girl with the Clock Skirt.


Have you tried this skirt on? What do you think of it?

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I love this skirt too. I tried it on a few days ago and it fit well. I just need to wait until it goes on sale! :-) I can't wait to see the different ways that you style it!

DEA said...

Ummmm, you look amazing and that skirt could not be any cuter!! I had been eyeing it for a while and have yet to see it in person. I love that they're embroidered rather than a part of the print.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Debbie, I see that this skirt is going to be featured in the July Catalog. I was able to catch a glimpse of the July catalog and noticed the skirt in there. I've got a few ideas as to how I'm going to style this skirt. I can't wait to return from vacation to start wearing it. I'll be sure to post HIWI when I do.

Hi Dea! Thanks for your kind words. This skirt is pretty stunning! Let me know what you think when you see it in person. I think it's going to be a very popular skirt.

Carly said...

Karen you are rocking that skirt!!! I love, love, love it on you. I can't wait until mine arrives! Thanks again for all you've done to get that skirt to me; you really are the best. As soon as I recieve the skirt I will let you know how much I love it :) Hope you're enjoying yourself and fire me an email when you get back!

emily said...

OMG, I love love love that skirt. Thanks for the sizing info - think I'm going to order it tonight!!

Emily

Loraine said...

That skirt is so very cute on you! May I ask where your tee is from? I'm in desperate need of some basics. Thanks!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Emily, the skirt is darling, isn't it? Let me know how you like yours. :)

Hi Loraine, sorry for the tardy reply. Slowly catching up on my posts and replies. The tank is from J Crew. They have lovely basics but always with a twist - which I love. Let me know how you do in your search. :)