Thursday, May 27, 2010

Format Change

In case you were wondering, no, I haven't been in Orlando for the last 3 months. We returned from our trip March 1. And while I had a wonderful time with my family and friends, I had lots of time to think about my life in general.

I realized that I was being spread way too thin - with work, home, extra curricular activities, etc, I simply wasn't able to do everything - let alone anything well.

So during my vacation, I decided to stop blogging. We returned and I actually stepped completely away from my blog. I did however, occasionally read other blogs I follow, ie. Effortless Anthropology, Anthroholic, You, Me & Anthropologie and Anthropologie Girls, I did not however, open or read my blog until now.

So for those wondering where I was, my apologies for being MIA.

And although I missed blogging, it I felt that it was for the best. Outside of work, I had more time to spend with my family, to truly relax in the evening (as opposed to feeling obligated to blog) and even take up a new sport - Golf.

Having been away for 3 months, I realized that I really miss blogging. I miss the avenue to express my thoughts, feelings, and experiences. I miss putting pen to paper - in this instance, finger to keyboard. I miss my blogging friends.

So, I decided that I would return to blogging but under new conditions. Albeit, new Self-Imposed Conditions. Please note that no one was imposing conditions on me previously .... but I would often feel guilty for not blogging or respond to posts, etc. These guilts would often stress me out.

I don't want to stress out. Blogging is my release of pent up stress. I don't want to be stressed from blogging. It wasn't anyone's fault but my own. I was creating all this unnecessary stress on myself.

So in order to come back, I told myself, NO MORE STRESS!

So, what does No More Stress mean? It means that I recognized and EMBRACE that...

1.) I suck at blogging regularly. I don't always have something to say. Some days, I have nothing to say. If I have nothing to say, I will say nothing and I won't stress out about it. I will embrace that I have nothing to say and leave it as that.

2.) I suck at responding to Reader's posts on my blog. I love, love, love reading what my Readers have to say. I love reading about other people's opinions, experiences, feelings, etc. I just suck at responding. So if I don't responding, please do not feel unloved. Just remember, it's not you, it's me. I suck at responding. But I promise that I will try to be better at it. The operative words here is TRY. I will embrace "trying".

3.) I suck at Time-Management. For the life of me, I can't seem to ever get my shit together to take pictures of my OOTD. 1.) I am constantly running late in the morning and can't find time to take my picture. 2.) I leave all of my shoes in my office and wear ugly walking shoes to work. Taking pictures of me in ugly Orthodic shoes do not make for pretty OOTD pictures. It does not show what my outfit really looks like - so why bother, right? 3.) I hate having to set up my camera daily and then unload the pictures in the evening. So, what does all this mean? It means that I won't be doing as many OOTD. This too would stress me out because I felt that I was disappointing my readers if I didn't do OOTD. Since I don't want to stress out anymore, I'm pre-warning all of my readers that there will be a substantial decrease in the number of OOTD. I embrace the fact that I lack time-management skills.

So, what does all this mean and what will I blog about? ... hence, the title for this post.

FORMAT CHANGE.

As you can tell, I've changed the title of my blog from My Delightful Obsessions to Mental Space; Things that Rent Space in My Mind. It will still be about things that I obsess about - ie, Fashion, Shopping, Travelling, Shopping, Food, Shopping. Okay, there will still be a lot of shopping - less about fashion, and more about shopping and sharing what I've bought, but also about things that occupy my mind - Friendships, Work, Relationships, Self-Growth, etc.

My new blog will be about things that occupy space in my mind - mostly useless things but on rare occasions important issues. I hope those are far and few in between.

I hope you'll enjoy reading my new format. I hope that you'll stick around to read about the voices that speak loud and clear in my head. I hope you'll share this new journey with me.

Until the next time, Be Strong, Be Fierce, Be Powerful. May your day be filled with laughter and joy, Karen

7 comments:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Woo hoo! Glad you're back!!! I was wondering where you were... :)

I completely understand what you mean about being spread too thin - blogging has a way of consuming one's life! We all need a break every once in awhile!

Welcome back!

KDot said...

Welcome back. I've missed reading your blog!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Angela, Hi KDot (waving wildly!). I'm glad to be back. I miss you two as well.

KDot, I hope you'll enjoy reading my new content. :)

Alexis {J.Crew Aficionada} said...

You should always take care of yourself first. With that said, welcome back!!! Looking forward to what's to come. :)

Slastena said...

Don't stess- do what you enjoy most! Welcome back, glad to hear from you again!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thanks Alexis, Thanks Slastena. I agree wholeheartedly that it's important to look after myself first.

Not only am I glad to be back, I'm even more thrilled that you're still all here to support me. Thank you! :)

Candy in Canada said...

Hi: I am glad you are back, too.^^ it's like seeing old friend again :) I always believe that you take care of yourself first, be a happy person, then you can start to take care of other thing. So don't worry, no stress out and be yourself.