Thursday, January 21, 2010

OOTD, er... it should really read OOTW

My apologies, my deepest and most sincere apologies my pretties.

I apologize for not being around much the last few days. It's been pretty insane.

Not only am I swamped with work; I'm also helping Kitty with her science project - we had to build a Biome in a Bucket - in this case, I had to re-create Antarctica in an Ice-Cream Bucket showing the lifeforms above and below land, complete with snow; plus plan our Florida trip which is coming up in 3 weeks exactly.

Actually, 3 weeks today, I would be in Sunny Warm Florida. Yippee!!! I can't hardly wait!

2 whole glorious weeks in the Sunshine State away from the rain. Heaven!

While I didn't quite have the time to blog, I did however, manage to take pictures of my outfits that I wore this week.

But before you see the pictures, I need to apologize for the vast number of pictures I have below. The reason there are sooooo many is because I couldn't seem to get my act together to blog so I'm doing an Outfit of the Week Post as opposed to my usual OOTD. So, here's what I wore.

Today, Thursday, Jan 21












Top: Wind Rippled Tee from Anthropologie (one of my newest purchases)
Skirt: J Crew Sharkskin Skirt (which I recently had altered shorter - which looks way better)
Belt: F21
Tights: Ellen Tracy
Shoes: Franco Sarto



Wednesday, Jan 20
















Top: Anthropologie
Sweater: J Crew
Pants: Reitmans'
Necklace: One of my own designs
Shoes: Nine West Chanel Inspired Sling-backs




Tuesday, Jan 19







Tank: Banana Republic
Sweater: J Crew
Skirt: Suzy Shier
Tights: Ellen Tracy
Shoes: Franco Sarto
Necklace: Heirloom
Monday, Jan 18

















Dress: Anthropologie
Sweater: J Crew
Tights: Calvin Klein
Shoes: Connie Mary Janes
Necklace: F21





Friday, Jan 15






Tee: J Crew
Sweater: J Crew
Skirt: J Crew
Tights: F21 (I LOVE these blue tights!)
Shoes: Anthropologie Flaxen Wedges
Necklace: F21


So, that was what I wore this past week my pretties. I'm thrilled that tomorrow's finally Friday. It's been a loooooong week, but at the same time, it passed so quickly. I started taking some pictures of my "dud" purchases this evening and I will be posting them shortly. Do come back to check out why some of my Anthro purchases didn't quite work on me.

From my home to yours, wishing you a lovely evening and a fabulous Friday!

TTFN!

5 comments:

green_dino said...

Love your J.Crew and Anthro wardrobe. I see a lot of familiar items =)

couchpapaya said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and have been browsing along. Love your sense of style, esp love how you incorporated the wind-rippled tee in your work wardrobe. I've only been using it as part of my casual outfits so I cant wait to try the look out! Thanks!! Also, love the color-drenched dress - does that run TTS? I'm off to scour ebay for that one now :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Couchpapaya! Welcome to my Blog! Thanks for your kind words. You are soooo sweet!

With respect to the Color-Drenched Dress, it actually fits quite large. I normally wear a size 6 (in form-fitting dresses) at Anthro and purchased this in a size 4. I actually loved the fit of the 2 but it was a tad too short for work so I went with the 4 but the 4 is still quite loose. I wish I had gotten the 2 and simply lengthened the hem. Sigh!

I would purchase this in either either 1 or 2 sizes smaller than what you'd wear in a form fitted dress.

Hope this helps.

couchpapaya said...

Crew_Girl that does help, thanks a lot! Also, because of your comment I looked up the length of the dress. I'm 5'3" so generally length is not a problem for me, but now I think 34" might be too short. Decisions, decisions!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hey Couchpapaya, you and I are basically the same height. I'm 5-3.5". lol! Have to get that last half inch in. IMHO, the dress would be considered too short for work if I were wearing sheer hose. However, with tights, again IMHO, it's certainly acceptable.

Hope this helps.