Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Latest Anthro Purchases and OOTD

Can you believe it? I was up at 5am, logged onto the computer by 5:03am and was placing my first order at 5:15am.

I've decided that I've completely lost it. This Anthro obsession is even worse than my J Crew obsession. It's like a drug addiction. There I am, hiding in my office, with the lights turned low and whispering into the phone so that I don't wake honey or Kitty. I certainly wouldn't want them to know that I'm calling Anthro at 5am! That's right! Freaking 5am when everyone else is still sleeping or working out (which I should have been) or having breakfast. NOT shopping. Certainly NOT Shopping!

So what did I purchase? Well, my first call was for:

Wind Rippled Tee in Grey
Ossified Sweater Coat
Pin Wheel Tights in the Brown Motif


My second call was for the Budding T-Strap Shoes. That's right! I finally caved and purchased them. As you all know, I've been just over the top obsessed with these shoes. I decided over the weekend that regardless if they're marked down or not, I was definitely going to be buying these. They're like the Scalloped Cloud Skirt. I've been waiting for that skirt to be marked down forever too and it still hasn't moved an iota. Like the Budding T-Straps, I might just have to bite the bullet and get them at full price. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, I honestly had expected to wake up this morning to find out that they're still the same price and to go ahead and buy them at the full price. I had certainly not expected them to get marked-down. So when I called to do my charge send, I found out that the price had dropped to $69.96! Oh My Gosh, it almost made me want to buy several pairs of the same shoe immediately. Why? Hell, I don't know! The fact that they were on Sale made me lose my Sanity temporarily. Anyway, I only purchased the 1 pair.

Hey, PrettyFace (one of my lovely blog readers), if you're reading this and you want them, call, call, call customer service. They are still pairs floating around. I have a list of stores carrying the size 8. Give me a shout and I'll send you or post the phone numbers. Just in case you missed my previous paragraph, they're $69.95 now!

Again, thanks to all of my fantabulous readers who piped in on the Thousand Tiers Dress, I purchased the said dress in the Grey.

All in all, I made 3 separate orders. I can't wait for my "stuff" to arrive. Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

In the meantime, here's today's outfit:




Sweater: J Crew Primrose Cardigan
Tank: Banana Republic
Skirt: J Crew
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Tights: Ellen Tracy
Shoes: Franco Sarto

So, what did you buy today at the Anthro Sale? I hope you'll share. I love hearing about your purchases.

Well lovelies, I hope your day was as fun as mine. Until tomorrow, have a wonderful evening!

10 comments:

green_dino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
green_dino said...

Hi there - do you know if the shoes run in full sizes only? I am normally a 6.5 and wonder if I should size up or down. They are adorable! I hope I can find one in a store!!!

prettyface said...

YAY!! Love that outfit--Oh Budding T-Straps...I must have you--I wear a 10. So what do I do? Call customer service and will they tell me if there are any in-stock or what? There's no store that isn't closer than 3 hours away from me...BOO :(

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Green Dino.

The item number is 940043.

I don't have these shoes in my trusty little hands yet. They will be shipped out to me tomorrow.

From what I've read, they run either slightly large to TTS. Based on the reviews, there were more TTS than "runs Big". So I ordered my regular size. I'd rather larger than smaller because it would hurt my feet too much to get them to fit and I hate when my feet hurt. I wear an 8 and ordered an 8.

Sorry if I'm not much help to you. But here's a hidden link that details the reviews for the shoes.

http://reviews.anthropologie.com/5310/940043/reviews.htm?sortOrder=rating&ascending=true

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

PrettyFace, I would call Customer Service. Tell them that you're looking for item number: 940043. Tell them that it's sold out online but you're wondering if any of the stores have them. They'll do a check for you and then give you a list of stores. Don't forget to ask for their phone numbers. Your fingers can do the dialing after that. Good Luck! I hope you find a pair! I cannot wait for mine to show up!!!

green_dino said...

Thank you for the hidden link. I'm going to call Anthro's CS tomorrow to help me find one. Wish me luck!

Christina said...

love this outfit.

yogagirl said...

F-21 is great for belts! Very cute outfit-Love the F.S. grey shoes!

C said...

is that cardi orange? I love orange...missed out on the Bistro Orange last summer...missed out on the Spicy Orange this season...oh well.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thanks Christina, Thanks Yogagirl.

C, yes, that sweater is Orange. I love Orange as well and own several sweaters in the same shade. Maybe you'll find one that you can't live without. After my first orange sweater, it really wasn't hard loading up on them. lol!