Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Latest Anthro purchases

I honestly learnt my lesson from a couple of days back. So when I called Anthropologie last night looking for Sale items that set my heart a flutter, I knew that I needed to pull the trigger and I needed to pull the trigger N.O.W.


One of the reasons I was able to purchase quickly this time because I was given actual garmet measurements. My biggest pet peeve with purchasing at Anthropologie versus J Crew is that at Anthropologie, you can't get actual garment measurements. I tried. I honestly did. I called the toll-free Customer Service number and no one there could give me actual garment measurements.


Considering that I don't live anywhere close to an Anthropologie store, it makes it very difficult to buy when there are so many different manufacturers involved and where fit differs from one designer to the next.


One of the reasons I LOVE buying from J Crew is that they offer actual garment measurements. And although I don't have a store near me, getting such measurements has helped me immensely in the past and has curbed returns because "it didn't fit." I love that! I honestly wish that Anthropologie offered this service.


Anyway I digress.
The first store I called had the Four-If-By-Sea Skirt and the Elodie Lily Cardigan. They didn't have the Drenched Helenium Tank nor the Twilit Skirt.


The second store I called at the Helenium Tank and nothing else.


The third store I called had the Twilit Skirt and the Elodie Lily Cardigan but were missing the other 2 items.


The fourth and final store I called had Everything I wanted AND... they also had a tape measure!


They had a tape measure! What a brilliant idea! Can you believe that the first 3 stores did not own a Tape Measure? I find it most odd that a clothing store wouldn't own a tape measure. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I expect too much.


Anyway, the 4th store had a tape measure and was able to measure the garments for me. Which I was extremely appreciative. And because she was able to provide measurements, I was then able to make my purchases with little hesitation.


Okay, if you must know, the voices were still going on in my head but they weren't as loud today. They were kinda muffled .... I think that "Buy, Buy, Buy!" side must have tied the "Don't Buy, Don't Buy, Don't Buy" side with the tape measure. lol!


Anyway here's what I got:
Elodie Lily Cardigan
I purchased it in a size Small. I was originally thinking that I needed a size Medium. The medium measures up to 38" across which meant that I would be swimming in this sweater. The small measures 34" so I went with the small. Isn't the tape measure awesome???

Drenched Helenium Tank
I would have preferred the XS but settled on the Small since they didn't have an XS in stock.

Twilit Skirt
I originally thought that I needed a size 8 or 10. But based on the measurements given, the 6 or possibly the 4 would have done the trick. I got the 6 only because I would rather have it larger than too small. It's certainly easier to take it in than to try to make it larger.


Four-If-By-Sea Skirt
Did you know that the waist on this skirt measures up to be the same as the waist on the Twilit skirt even though I'm getting a size 8 in this skirt versus a size 6 in the Twilit? Crazy isn't it? Being a shorter skirt, I decided to size up to an 8 so that I can hip it versus having it on the waist.

I can't wait for my goodies to arrive. With that order, that makes it 2 separate Anthropologie orders that should arrive in the next week... I can't wait!

Just curious, did you buy anything from the newly posted Anthro sale?

3 comments:

gigiofca said...

Love, love, love what you purchased. You're a genius for asking them to measure for you. I love it.

I got the Anka jacket from the most recent Cut. And from the last cut I got the Bric Brac boots (?), some cute measuring spoons & something else I can't recall (sad!).

Molly Darling said...

I picked up the Elodie Lily cardigan yesterday in store (I normally wear a small, and the small was a little snug, but it didn't gap and will probably stretch out) and the Drenched Helenium tee today. Also got that in a small- hoping I can get the sleeves to not stick straight out.

Natalie said...

ooh Im jealous of the elodie lily cardigan.

Im on the verge of ordering the twilit skirt myself, but I just can't decide between the 2 and the 4 (two is my usual size)

great buys :)