Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Christmas List


I'm one of the hardest people to shop for.

I admit it. I am extremely difficult.

Unless I picked it out myself, chances are, I will return it to either exchange it for something else or better yet, get a refund and spend the money somewhere else.

I'm terrible that way. But I can't help it. I've been this way for as long as I can remember.

My husband calls me Rachel... and I don't blame him.

About 3 weeks ago, Honey called me and said, "Your SIL is looking for gift ideas for you. I have no idea what you want so would you please put a list together for me and email it to me?"

Thinking that I was putting the list together for my SIL, I email Honey this:

Jingle Socks from Old Navy. They are very soft, warm and fuzzy.
Sophie Kinsella: Shopaholic and Baby
Madeleine Wickham – The Gatecrasher
Candied Rose Eau De Toilette 100ml from L’Occitane (I really want this because it’s a Limited Edition scent!)
Jingle Pajamas set from Old Navy – Tank top with Flannel Pajamas Pants.
Old Navy Printed Flannel Pajama Sets with long sleeve Pajamas Top and matching pants.
Fashion Socks from Reitman’s
LuluLemon Luon Headband
7 lb free weights (2 – one for each arm).
Blending Foam Sponges from MAC Make-up
MAC eyeshadow – Carbon (Black for eye lining)
MAC Brush Cleaning Solution


Problem is, I didn't know that after my SIL picked out what she wanted, Honey was going to use the list and buy me stuff from my list.


I only clued in when he called home one Sunday morning while shopping at Old Navy. His call went like this...


Honey: "Hi Honey, so where are those Pajamas you said you wanted?"


Me: "They're at Old Navy."


Honey: "Yes, I know but exactly where in Old Navy?"


Me: "They're near the cash register."


Honey: "But I don't see them..... (muffle, muffle) er... excuse me, my wife wants these jingle pajamas for Christmas. She says that they're supposed to be here but all you've got are socks. Do you know where they are? (returns to me) And... what color do you want?"


Up to that point, I honestly didn't know that I was getting pajamas. So thanks honey for the awesome surprise. But at least, I'm getting what I want, right?


Oh, did I tell you that I don't do Surprises well? I like knowing exactly what I'm getting and it's always got to be exactly what I want... otherwise, it's going back.


A few days later, Honey asks me what else I want since my list is mostly Stocking Stuffers. Seeing that this is my chance to get what I really really want, I tell him, "Don't worry about it, I'll just pick up what I want and you can wrap it up for me, okay?"


Honey's just thrilled with the fact that he doesn't have to fight mall shoppers and traffic and all the hassle of buying things that he thinks I will love and to only to find out that I've returned it, so he jumps at my offer.


So what did I buy? I guess I should have asked him how much he wanted to spend ... but here's what I got. (Yes, I know that I shared most of these with you darlings already because I told you all about them before but... I was feeling kinda guilty having shopped so very much that I simply just wrapped up everthing I had previously purchased. So sorry if these goodies seem like you've read about them already.)


From Anthro:
Monochromatic Corset Dress
Gathered Together Dress
Twilit Skirt
Seasonless Skirt
Elodie Cardigan
Drenched Helenium Tee
Snow Queen Dress (this was a last minute add on - it still hasn't arrived so I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

From J Crew:
Saturday Knit Dress (this too has yet to arrive)


From Club Monaco:
Black & White Wool Plaid School-girl skirt
Multi Size Polka Dot Pleated Skirt
Black Ruffled Cardigan


Tights:
8 pairs of Tights from all over


Shoes:
Flaxen Wedges from Anthro
Report Retro T-Strap

I packaged all of my gifts (with the exception of the Snow Queen Dress and the Saturday Knit Dress from J Crew) and handed them to Honey yesterday. He looks at the pile of stuff and says to me..."And how much did I spend on you?" I didn't answer because I didn't hear him. (Okay, yes, I chose not to hear him).


Since I know that I'm getting awesomely cool presents that I love and won't be returning, I can't wait to open my presents on Christmas Day.


Are you as difficult to buy for as I am? Do you buy your own presents? What are you desperately hoping to find under your tree?


No comments: