Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!



Merry Christmas my lovely readers! It's a gorgeous morning on the West Coast. It's cold and frosty and it's not raining. That itself is an amazing gift on it's own!


I wanted to share some pictures taken last night after we got home from Twilight service at our church. Kitty wanted desperately to open some presents and I had to fend her off. Thankfully, I did it very successfully. Phew!


In past Christmases, Kitty has had a lot of trouble going to bed on Christmas eve night. I don't blame her. Afterall, it's soooo very difficult to sleep knowing that Santa's going to be coming down the chimney, into your house and leaving a bunch of presents for you, right?


Luckily this time, Kitty didn't have any trouble falling asleep - though it was pushing 11pm by the time she did go to bed. I went to bed shortly after that, only to be woken up at 3:30am by Kitty asking if we could open presents. ARGH! 3:30am!


Since she was having difficulty sleeping, she crawled into bed with us. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well and I honestly feel like I've pulled an all-nighter and I still have a turkey dinner to make for my family. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I love this time of year. I love Christmas and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way!


We've opened our gifts (and yes, I got everything I wanted plus a couple of surprises - I did tell you that I don't particularly like surprises, right? Yes, I will be bringing a number of things back, and no, Honey's not offended) and Honey and Kitty have now gone skiing (we live 5 minutes from the bottom of Grouse Mountain), so I thought I'd jump on the computer and wish all of you a Merry Christmas now that I have the entire house to myself.


Last night, while at church (okay, truthfully, this past week particularly) I've realized how truly blessed I am. I am so very blessed with an amazing husband, a phenomenal daughter, the most wonderful and giving parents, a generous brother and his fantastic wife, my job and my staff and my boss, our home, .... our life. I am so very grateful to God for his great blessings. And I know that I honestly wouldn't have any of these if not for Him. For all of these and so much more, I am truly, truly grateful this Christmas.


From my home to yours, I wish each of you, my darling readers, a very blessed Christmas. Enjoy the day with your families, my lovelies!

4 comments:

Slastena said...

Merry merry Christmas! Thank you for the pics- Kitty is a doll! Love your tree- so pretty, Don't you wish we could keep it the whole year?:)

Sweet Tea in Seattle said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you Slastena! Merry Christmas to you, your husband, and your two beautiful children. What an exciting time this must be for you... particularly with a new addition to your family. Enjoy the holidays. May the new year be filled with all things good.

Thank you Sweet Tea in Seattle. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. Isn't this Christmas so much nicer without the snow of last year? lol! Enjoy the season!

gigiofca said...

Happy New Year to you!

Love your photos. Kitty is so cute.


(it's on its way...)