Wednesday, November 25, 2009

OOTD: Anthropologie - Color Drenched Dress



I fell in-love with this dress when I saw it on Kim at Anthroholic here. I knew right then and there that I needed to get it. It looks fantastic on her and I was hoping that it would do the same for me... and in my humble opinion, I think it did it's job. :)

I have on the size 4. Knowing that this dress fits large, I ordered the size 2 and then called back to add the size 4... just in case I didn't fit the size 2. Well, they both arrived and yes, this dress fits large. I was certainly able to fit into the size 2 very nicely but decided to keep the size 4 instead. Which reminds me that I must still return the size 2.

Anyway, the reason I kept the 4 instead of the 2 is that the 2 was just a tad too short for my liking and I'm just not that comfortable wearing it that short. The 1/2 inch difference in the length made a huge difference for me.


Anyway, I wore this to work and received numerous compliments on it. Everyone I met loved the lace trim on the bottom of the dress. They found it most unusual yet stunning. And this is how I wore it:

Dress: Color Drenched Dress, Anthro
Sweater: J Crew Lea Merino
Jewelry: J Crew Acorn Necklace
Tights: Calvin Klein Microfiber Tights
Shoes: J Crew

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love the orange heel with that dress- I have it as well and never thought to pair it with a bright shoe- definitely going to give it a try now- thanks for the idea!