Monday, November 9, 2009

A First!!!

It's happened! I've finally had my first Anthropologie experience!



Don't get me wrong. I've looked at the site many times before but for some reason, have never pulled the purchase trigger. I've even been to Anthropologie once before.... last summer, that was. I stepped in the store, looked around, tried on a couple of dresses, found nothing that fit me and left.



And then, last Thursday, during Kitty's term break, during a visit to Anthropologie at U Village, I made my very first ever Anthropologie purchase.



Actually, I bought 2 things but it's really just counts as my first purchase.



Since I'm still somewhat new to Anthropologie, I should mention that I just love the store. I love the eclecticness of the clothes, jewelry and the furnishings. It's so quaint and precious yet modern with a twist.



Anyway, after trying on about a dozen items, I finally settled on 2 pieces. The Organize Chaos Tank in the black and white colorway and the Endless Pleats Cardigan in black. I would have purchased the Teal but unfortunately that was sold out. But the Black was very flattering and showed off my curves nicely.





Endless Pleats Cardigan

Organize Chaos Tank

I hope to take a few IRL pictures over the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

I honestly hope my Anthropologie visit does not turn into another one of my obsessions.

6 comments:

Chloe said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the IRL pics.

I can't believe it was your first experience- welcome to the darkside. Hee hee hee. ;)

pixelant said...

Very cute! I've been eyeing the organza tank myself!

A Bigger Closet said...

Lovely pieces. Definitely looking forward to your IRL pics.

OMG, am I the only one left who hasn't bought anything from Anthro yet?? ;) Have you seen their new winter catalogue? It's so dreamy and festive.

Lady Cardigan said...

I haven't bought anything from Anthropologie yet, but I sure spend a lot of time looking at the site. Congrats on finding some beautiful things that fit you.

C said...

got a lot of lacy tanks one summer and a great double breasted sweater before they became popular elsewhere...also really liked some printed skirts another year, but some of their collections really "speak" to me and others, not so much. I like the prints in your tank.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thanks girls!

I never thought that Anthropologie would be this much fun!

I'm hooked! lol!