Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is sooooo WRONG on sooooo many levels!


Giverny Day Coat



We chose an Italian mill renowned for its artistic forte to create this Impressionist-inspired wool just for us. The silhouette is clean and cropped with minimal seaming (a work of art in itself). Wool blend. Shawl collar. Removable and adjustable self-belt. Bracelet sleeves. Back vent. Fully lined. Hits just below hip. Part of the J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean.

A work of art. Okay... I'll give JCrew that. I guess Art is truly in the eye of the beholder. And since I can't appreciate it, I guess I must be uncultured. Oh well.....I can live with that.

This coat is soooooo wrong in soooo many levels. At first glance, I thought that it was a cropped jacket - which lead me to think "why would anyone want to buy a cropped Winter Jacket?". Then it dawned on me that, Nooooooooo, it's not a cropped jacket, it's actually a coat with a different colored lower half - which lead me to think, Oh My Gosh! How ugly is that???!!!

And that doesn't even take into account the sleeves. Here's a coat with cropped sleeves. Who in their right mind (okay, maybe if you live in a warm clime), would spend $695.00 on a coat that has cropped sleeves ... AND looks downright U.G.L.Y. (it ain't got no alibi), it's UGLY!

Call it art, Call it whatever. I'll call it, I won't be buying this for sure ... even at 99% off!

Care to pipe your thoughts about this item? I'd love to hear them.

9 comments:

Law and Fashion said...

Yikes, I'm with you...that coat is so ugly! I don't understand the two color thing...it just looks sloppy and weird.

RatsOnParade said...

It looks like a housecoat gone horribly horribly awry! It really IS quite ugly -- and it makes the model look fat! And if the model looks fat -- how will it look on all the rest of us! YUCK YUCK double YUCK!

Chloe said...

$695?!?!?!? For the love of glorified bathrobes, J Crew. OMG.

NoJCrewinJapan said...

I also hate this coat. & I also thought it was a cropped jacket until I saw your post! This is a miss. A serious, heinous, miss. & the price is crazy!!!

JCAUNCMom said...

Ohmigosh, your post and its title had me in stitches, and I couldn't agree with you more. This sad thing looks like some kinda cross between grandpa's old grey sweater and a kimono, I think. Somebody on the JC design staff has been smoking SOMETHING with somebody on the JC pricing staff -- what other explanation could there be???? ;-)

Candy in Canada said...

That coat worths $695? OMG, I am speechless now XD.

Diana Draw said...

Wow, what a mess. $695 for a knitting disaster. Wow.

Suzy said...

OOoh my, I agree with you 1000%. Wouldn't wear this if it were free! I thought it was a kimono style bathrobe at first glance. Hope they didn't make too many of these! Thanks for your funny post title - loved it.

HeidiG said...

Dear J Crew,

thanks for helping me save my $$.

XOXO,
me