Sunday, October 4, 2009

Awesome Birthday!

Birthday Wishes from the Teahouse Restaurant



Beautiful Sunset from the original Tea Room



My birthday outfit (I took this before I started drinking, really, I did! lol!)

Fresh from the Salon. Natural, only better.



It was a crazy but awesome day yesterday.


Was up at 7:30 to workout. Then the cleaners came over for their weekly visit - I love it when they come because Honey and I just suck when it comes to cleaning house and they honestly do such a fantastic job.


Then I drove Kitty to swimming, ran to Starbucks for a Latte, then picked Kitty up. Dropped her off at home with Honey, then ran out to see my parents for about an hour. Came home, picked Kitty up to drop her off at Gymnastics. Then went and saw Kari at the Salon in Dundarave.


I love Kari. As she says, she makes me look natural. lol! Love it!!!! I desperately needed to see her for a trim and a root touch-up. After 2 hours there, I once again look like my natural self, only better. LOL! Then it was off to Park Royal to pick up a birthday gift for Kitty's classmate who was having a Hip Hop Birthday party on Sunday.


I finally arrived home at 4:40 and basically had about an hour to get ready before heading out to dinner. It was go, go, go until I stepped into the limo. And then it was .... Aaaaaaaaah! Time to relax.


Dinner was wonderful. Crazy as it sounds, I've never been to the Teahouse Restaurant. I've always wanted to go but for some reason, never have. Thinking about it, I've wanted to go to the Teahouse since around the time I started dating.... back when I was 16. I've always thought that it was the most romatic restaurant in Vancouver. Situated right in Stanley Park, amid the beautiful trees and flowering shrubs, the restaurant is a Vancouver landmark. While it's beautiful in the day, it's even more stunning in the evenings. I've longed to dined at the Teahouse but for some reason, never did.


So when Honey suggested that we go to the Teahouse, I was thrilled. We decided to have Kitty join us for dinner. While it would have been so romatic with just Honey and I, I really wanted to celebrate my birthday with the family. Knowing that we would be drinking, Honey hired a limo to drive us there and back.


We started off with Cocktails. Honey had a beer, Kitty had a Virgin Margarita and I had a Golden Sun - Sparkling Wine with Alize Passion Fruit Liquere. For appetizers, we shared an Antipasto Plate, the Steamed BC Mussels in a Thai Red Curry and Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio. For dinner, Kitty had the New York Steak, Honey had the Beef Tenderloin and Lobster Tail while I had the Rack of Lamb. To wash it down, we had a nice bottle of Red.



Since I was absolutely stuffed by the end of our entree, we decided to skip dessert. However, the Teahouse Restaurant decided that we ought to have dessert anyway for they brought out a beautifully plated Double Belgian Chocolate Truffle Cake with a lit candle to celebrate my birthday. It was such a nice surprise.



Although it was a crazy day, it ended on such a relaxing note. I had a fantastic time on my birthday. Thank you to my darling husband and to our darling daughter for making my birthday so enjoyable and memorable. I love you both!!!


p.s. I also love your gifts. And just in case you were wondering, yes, Honey and I decided that I can start shopping around for a Time-share. :)

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Happy birthday, lovely lady!

HeidiG said...

Happy birthday! What a crazy-busy but fun day!!

A Bigger Closet said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :) I'm glad the Teahouse is back to it's original name. I love that restaurant too - great food and the setting is amazing in Stanley Park.