- Charm sizes are the same but the finish is not as perfect as J Crew's.
- Starburst Flower on J Crew's is covered with pearls. Aldo's has no pearls. It simply has the ring of pink balls with a white center ball. The center ball on J Crew's is a little pearl.
- The center of Daisy Flower is painted on while the J Crew version is an actual bead.
- The stone used for the body of the bee in J Crew's offering is an actual 2-tone stone of purple and yellow stripes. On the Aldo version, the yellow stripes are painted on the stone.
- The clasp is not as fancy as J Crew's. I personally love the look of the Nautical Clasp versus Aldo's Lobster Clasp.
So, what did I do?
I BOUGHT IT OF COURSE!!! And.... not just one bracelet, but TWO! I bought Two Bracelets.
So you're probably wondering why the hell did I buy the bracelet, let alone 2 despite all the differences? Well, for starters, the bracelet is only $19.99 (yes, it's slightly more expensive in Canada). Secondly, who the heck is going to know (okay besides myself and all of my readers) that I have a J Crew Storybook Charm Bracelet Knockoff? If anyone were to ever ask, I'd tell them the truth. I cheaped out and got mine from Aldo's. Finally, Aldo's was having a 2 for 1 sale. I got 2 bracelets for $19.99. That's $9.995 each. You can't beat that, that's for sure!
And just in case the first one breaks, I'll have a back-up and whenever I get tired of it, I could always re-design it.
So, to everyone reading this, if you don't already own the J Crew Storybook Bracelet and want an inexpensive copy, RUN! Don't walk! to your nearest Aldo store or failing that, order it online. (Sorry, online does not have a 2 for 1 sale).
Would you be ordering an Aldo Knockoff?