Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How would you have reacted???

As I was getting ready to go to bed last night, Kitty approached me and asked me to tie her hair up in braids so that it does not get stuck under her when she slept.

I pulled out my hairbrush, all ready to brush her hair, when I suddenly noticed that there's Blonde Hair on my hairbrush. Blonde Hair???!!! What the heck!!! I have dark, almost black hair and this hair was Blonde. Very Blonde. Even if they were my greys (which I doubt they could be - there was no way that this was my hair. And it certainly wasn't my daughter's hair either!)

So I turned to Kitty and asked if any of her friends had used my hairbrush when they were over. She said no. I asked if she'd played dress-up with our neighbour's kid and used my hairbrush in the process, she said no.

I untangled the Blonde hair from my hairbrush, inspected it very closely. Now, mind you, I've never ever felt Blonde hair ever. I have dark Asian hair and Asian hair is very different. It's thick and somewhat course. I examined the Blonde Hair and it was fine. Some even had the cuticle part stuck on the end.

Naturally, my worse fears were racing through my head. Who's been in my house? Who's been using my hairbrush? Who's been in my washroom? Were they using my make-up too? What about my perfume and were they going through my jewelry?

I was about to go and speak with Honey ........ when Kitty piped up and said, "Oh Mommy, I remember... I was brushing Barbie's hair about a week ago."

Barbie! Of course, Barbie! Who else would it be???!!! But, Barbie!

How would you have reacted if you were me?

10 comments:

Sweet Tea in Seattle said...

LOL! Too funny! In this house I would guess either American Girl or Barbie.. of course everyone is Blonde but me here.

C said...

I guess if you perform DNA analysis on that it comes up Mattel@.....

Julia said...

Oh my gosh!! hahaha :) I would have panicked for sure!

KDot said...

I would have taken the brush and smacked my husband with it. :P JK I don't know what I would have done. It would have been a weird feeling for sure!

Queen B. said...

ooooo my gosh that is funny.
I think I would have reacted the same way............
because honestly, I have known way too many people who had NO CLUE...so 'it' can happen to ANYONE !!
yEP, i WOULDA FREAKED.

Candy in Canada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy in Canada said...

HAHAHA.. I can't stop laughing... :D

Zoë Moët said...

If it melts in the microwave, it's definitely Barbie's! hehehehe

Leah said...

I would have freaked out as well. And it was just barbie... gosh! LOL

GingerSnap said...

hahah - I'm glad it was Barbie...what a home-wrecker!