Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday - My 3rd Weigh-In - Meh!

Three Week! I've been on the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle programme for 3 weeks now and here are my results after 3 weeks:

Current Weight: 124.8 lbs
Current Lean Muscle Mass: 92.98 lbs
Current Body Fat Percentage: 25.5%

So how am I doing?

Well, weight wise, I'm certainly headed in the right direction. I've lost a total of 3.4 lbs since I started on this programme. I've also lost 0.9% (almost 1%)of body fat. Unfortunately, my Lean Muscle Mass has also decreased; I've lost 1.02% of Lean Muscle Mass - which is definitely NOT something I want to do.

Based on the book, I'm supposed to eat more to fuel my metabolism. I am currently eating between 1400 to 1600 calories a day so my goal this week is to eat between 1600 and 1700 calories.

Two things I've come to realize on this programme.

1.) It's definitely easier to lose weight in general - but it's very, very tough to lose Body Fat. I've also found that it's way easier to lose Lean Muscle Mass. If I hadn't know about this programme, I would certainly have been focused solely on losing weight in general thus losing a ton of lean muscle in the progress - which is a bad, bad, bad, thing.

2.) The second thing I realized on this programme is that it's hard work to eat every 3 hours. I'm not talking mindless munching (like chips, cookies, etc) - but eating clean, healthy food every 3 hours. It's hard. Very hard. Each evening, I have to figure out exactly what I'm going to eat the next day. I can't just "wing-it". I have to plan carefullly. I have to include a complex carbohydrate together with a lean protein for every meal. It's hard. But I'm doing it.

In short, I'm finding the programme very detailed and informative. Despite the fact that I'm not quite achieving my goal, based on the book, I do know what I'm supposed to do so, let's see what happens next week. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Miss A said...

This is so awesome to read. I'm starting a new "Plan" on September 1. Sounds far away, but with a week of holidays where I know I'll cheat and a bunch of work functions in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for keeping us updated, I don't think I'll try this plan! I have weight to lose as my first goal, and then onto the body fat. :)

Jillian, Inc said...

I am typically not one to give advice, but I have also been on a body fat reducing plan this summer and have lost 19 pounds in 7 weeks. They key to fat burning is to get your body to reach ketosis, which is when you body has depleated all the sugar (carb) stores in your body and then moves to burning fat stores. You test your ketone level with urine strips you can buy in any drugstore. To reach ketosis you eat only 10 oz lean protein and drink 1 gallon of water per day. It is hard - very hard. But it kick starts your metabolism and it is not "false" weight loss like water weight. It took me 8 days to reach ketosis, much longer than the average 5 days. After reached ketosis I then added in veggies with a lean protein at each meal and one apple per day. I lost 4 pounds the first week, have lost 19pounds after 7 weeks. And I have lost 5% body fat in 7 weeks. The second week I gained 1% body fat but since then I have only lost. I also run about 20 miles per week and do yoga 2/week. I am almost 42so I am at a challenging age when I do not have fast metabolism on my side. ha! Again, I'm not trying to give advice, but at least I thought I throw it out there as an option. Good luck!

musthavejcrew said...

Hey there! I am on the five factor diet which also requires me to eat 5 meals (I keep them at 300 cal) 5 times per day. I also agree it is harder to eat that many times but I am not hungry so that's a plus. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks so I'm happy with that. I wonder if your diet is the same as the five factor diet? I'll do some research. Good luck!!

musthavejcrew said...

one quick question...how are you measuring your body fat? Is it a scale? I always wonder how affective those are?

Slastena said...

Oh, my! While I get super excited hearing of all those weight losses,adn yes it's cant take fast or long for some, depends on many things. I get super frustarted that I can only GAIN currently, and nothing I can do about it. On a positive note, thank you for the great ideas and insights, they will be super useful when the time comes.:)

Slastena said...

Curious too how you know the body fat %.:))

NoJCrewinJapan said...

Awesome post and comment thread.

Diane said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and love it--what book are you reading for the weight loss program? It sounds like "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto, which I'm doing. That'd be interesting to see how someone else is doing with it.

gigiofca said...

Just wanted to say hi. Hope you're doing well :-)

Leah said...

I agree body weight is easier to lose, but body fat is a different matter. I've been forever haunted by this. I know I look thin but I am not because of my body fat. I try to eat sensibly, 5 small meals a day and hit the treadmill every morning.

alex216 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks