Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Ultimate Fitness Success

THE ULTIMATE KEY TO FITNESS SUCCESS IS YOUR ABILITY TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO TAKE CONSISTENT ACTION AND CHANGE YOUR HABITUAL BEHAVIORS.

Tom Venuto



As you know, I'm working on losing fat and am doing so on Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle program and was reading his blog today when I came across a most interesting article about why some people are able to lose the weight and never put it back on.

Until about 2 years ago, I've been a habitual yo-yo dieter. I'd lose the weight, put it back on, lose more weight, put more back on, again lose somemore weight and again, put somemore plus interest back on. It's been like that all my life.

Then 2 years ago, I made a decision. My decision was that I wanted to live. I wanted to live a healthy life, to be around to see my Kitty grow up. I was determined to change. And change I did. For the first time ever, I lost the weight and was able to keep it off for more than 3 months. I've kept the weight off for 2 years now and today, I'm all about getting rid of the fat so that I can be more cut.

When I was reading Tom Venuto's blog, the one thing that struck me was that he's right. It wasn't some magic diet I was on, it wasn't a special elliptical, it was me. It was my motivation that kept me going. The ultimate key to my past success was my ability to motivate myself and to take consistent action to change my habitual behavior.

It's been a tough 10 days since starting the program. In all honesty, I've cheated everyday with the exception of yesterday - but then something clicked yesterday and it was my first no-cheat day. It felt good... very good! Yesterday, my self-motivation kicked in.... and while it's easy to fall off, I intend on hanging on for the rough ride. I am the only person who dictates if I lose the fat or not. No one else can affect it. Only me!

It all makes sense. I am truly the captain of my own ship. Only I can accomplish what I want to accomplish. That said, I'd like to share Tom's article with you. It's a great read.

Ultimate Fitness Success

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Gosh I know what you mean about the whole yo-yo diet thing. That's been me for oh the last ten years. I seem to start and stop a diet all in the same week. I have friends that are losing weight and keeping it off months later but I can't seem to get myself there.

Good for you on your success! Maybe one day I can get there.

Diana Draw said...

I love watching "The Biggest Loser" and everybody seems to say the same thing about health and motivation, and getting the will to do this from within. But I think you can hear it and hear, but not have it "click." For some reason it seems like some sort of extremely personal event needs to happen to kick things into gear.

It helps seeing success stories though, because those stories show that it is possible. Thanks for sharing. Also, congrats on two years (wow).