Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Latest Obsession - Losing Fat

I been obsessing over my muffin top. Yes, that's right. My stupid muffin top! In fact, I've been obsessing over the fat on my body. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fat by any means. Not currently, that is.

I used to be fat.... we're talking 5'3" tall, 175 lbs, between a size 14 - 16 fat. My waist measured 38 inches for pete's sake! I was fat!

For those who've been following my blog, you'll realize that I'm no longer fat.

I know, I know, I've done great! I changed my lifestyle 2 years ago - actually 2 years less 3 days ago. I added lots of fruits and vegetables to my diet, reduced the amount of junk I eat and started working out (I've had lapses - but, that's okay) and because of this drastic change to my lifestyle, I lost 50 lbs.

At my lowest, I was 125 lbs. I currently weigh around 127 lbs and wear anywhere between a size 2 to 6 in J Crew clothing.

This should all make me so thrilled, right?

Yes and no. I'm thrilled that I lost the weight and have been able to keep it off ... but I'm not throughly satisfied. I am now at the stage where I want to lose fat. I don't care if I don't lose anymore weight but I want to tone. I want to be more defined - in my arms, my legs, my back and primarily my abs. Definitely my abs. Definitely!

That's what I've been obsession over for the last several weeks. So, for the heck of it, I thought that I would start sharing this journey with you.

I hope you'll come back and check out my progress as well as share in some of my fat-loss secrets. I hope to be posting some current pictures. Scary really - for me especially, but if I'm going to do this! I'm going to lose Fat! And...I'm going to be sure to succeed at it. So, wish me luck.

See you soon!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Find muscle conditioning classes at your gym--low weight high rep clsses. Do 3x a week plus an hour of cardio on the other days. Fat will be gone soon :)

cK said...

I love doing resistance training (and core work) and it has helped me tone (still along way off from washboard abs or sculpted arms but definitely improved) I hired a personal trainer to show me the right way to use them which helped immensely and made sure I don't injure myself. It's $$$$ but well worth it in the long run!

I know you're going to do fabulous, you're so self motivated!! You'll spur me on some more too in the process! :)

gigiofca said...

Good luck. I agree about weight/resistance training. A little goes a long way. So does ACV, which I posted about
here:

http://gigisgoneshopping.blogspot.com/2009/06/gigis-weight-loss-incl-acv.html

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Maggie, thanks for the pep! I agree. Low weight plus high rep is really the secret, isn't it?
Is this what you do? How long have you been on this programme?

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

CK, self-motivation is something I certainly have. I'm one of those individuals who can achieve almost anything they set their mind out to do. (I don't mean it as I'm invincible or better than anyone else - it's just something innate. If I set my mind to it - it's achivable. Problem is, I need to set my mind to it - otherwise, I just won't do it. lol!)

I may eventually get a personal trainer. Currently, I'm doing it on my own and following a programme called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I've heard a lot of good about it and have decided to give it a good go.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Gigi, you look amazing. I've really been noticing it. How do you consume your Apple Cider Vinegar? Straight or do you mix it with something else?