Saturday, July 11, 2009

My J Crew Expedition

16 hours later and I'm finally home from yet another J Crew expedition.


I have to say that Kitty is pretty darn amazing - considering that she hates shopping but stayed right along side with me while I shopped. Needless to say, I still had to bribe her with Build-A-Bear, Lego, pretty bling from Forever 21 and of course, Ice Cream from Coldstone.


I snagged some amazing deals today, that's for sure. However, it should be noted that the sale section in both J Crew stores (U Village and Bellevue) were pretty much picked-over. There was very little in size 2, XS or S. Most items were Mediums and Larges. Very few XL.


Regardless, I still lucked out. By the way, the Retail Stores are still offering an additional 20% off Sale - thus making the purchases Final Sale. Here's what I purchased:




Floral Beach Straw Bag - I've been eyeing this bag for some time now. I'm such a sucker for anything with a flower on it and when I saw this one, I knew I had to have it. I am completely in-love with it!

Watercolor Pencil Skirt - I've been eyeing this one for a while as well. I got it for $69.99 less 20% discount. Not a great deal but I love this print and had to have it. Moreover, it was the only size 2 left. I actually purchased this skirt sight-unseen. I called the store on Wednesday (knowing full well that I was going to be visiting on Saturday), and since I wanted to capitalize on the additional 20% discount off Final Sale, I had the store do a Charge Hold. They charged my cc and held the skirt until I picked it up today. Luckily, it is a perfect fit!

I also purchased another skirt on a Charge Hold. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it since it's a B & M item only but many of you are likely familiar with it. It's the Double Serge Bow Pencil Skirt in the Soft Pink. I LOOOOOVE the Soft Pink shade! I came soooo close to paying full price of $98 for it 3 weeks ago when I was in Seattle but changed my mind at the last minute. I'm glad I did for I was able to snag it for $49.99 less 20%.



Metallic Pleated Cotton Strati Tank. Very cute. I would never had paid full price (Reg. $110) for it but at $59.99 less 20%, it was a good buy! I got it in the Soft Seashell.

Sanur Dress - I like the concept of the dress but never thought that I could pull it off. Anyway, I tried it on for the first time today in an XS and LOVE it! It's adorable ... and it can be worn 3 ways. Long, Short and as a skirt. I like the look of it short - just as shown in the picture above. I got it in the black - good basic color - perfect for travel. It was $39.99 less 20%.



Linen Getaway Dress - for those who are not in the know, these dresses are priced at $19.99 at the Retail Store. Online is selling them for $39.50. Not only are they $19.99, the B & M are also offering an additional 20% off. They are an absolute steal at $15.99. I got one in the Papaya and another in the White. I intend on wearing these as a swimsuit cover-up.



Cafe Capris in Maize. I fell-in-love with this print the first time I laid eyes on them. But I have so many pairs of Cafe Capris that I could not justify paying full price for them. Luckily, I was able to find a pair of size 4 today. They are $88 regularly. They are on sale for $29.99 less 20%. Amazing, huh?



My final J Crew purchase today was the Tuxedo Front Cheetah Cami. Retails for $88. I got it for $29.99 less 20%. I almost didn't buy this because I could not find a size 2 anywhere - unbeknownst to me, one of the mannis had it on. They kindly brought it down for me and I was thrilled to have it.


I scored well today, don't you think?


Did you go to J Crew today? Did you capitalize on the additional 20% off? What did you buy? I'd love to hear about your purchases. I hope you will share.

14 comments:

Diana Draw said...

Love the cami. What a deal, the solid's still going for $49.99 online. Would you say this cami fits TTS?

My local JC's sale section was picked over as well. Mostly they had gray tees in M & L and pink ones in S. All the sale belts were gone and they had some beachy cargo-type pants left, but not much more. :p I should've gone earlier!

Petunia said...

Wow--you got some amazing deals! I think that even the skirt is a great deal because it is so pretty!

luvallthingsjcrew said...

You are right the print of the Watercolor Floral Skirt is 2 pretty!
A little similar to the Marbella Beach Cover up dress!
ALL your purchases are FAB!
CONGRATS!

Patina Cabachon said...

yes, you snagged some great pieces. congratulations

Shannon said...

Congrats on your buys! I was at Bellevue this weekend too and was surprised by how empty is was. Even as a small store, they usually have a much better selection

post-fab princess said...

You scored well indeed, girl. And I'm jellis. (: I'm on a ban!!!! [Because I just sinned terribly on a handbag...]

HeidiG said...

Outstanding finds! Way to go!! I am headed there sometime this week. If they have stopped the 20%, that's probably ok, as I am saving my pennies for the Fall rollout. Ummm, plus I ordered a couple things on Fri with the 20%, mainly to get pants in Tall. But I would love to try that linen getaway dress - way cute!

gigiofca said...

Great pieces! I haven't shopped the 20% in-store. I've kind of moved onto Fall, too.

Zoë Moët said...

Indeed you did! Love the capris! I wonder if you could make those cover-ups double as tunic type tops over a pair of skinny jeans?

GingerSnap said...

Wow, you really got some cute stuff! (And got it for amazing prices!) I especially love the watercolor skirt and the straw bag!!! :)

Leader said...

How does the pleated cami fit. I am trying to decide between a 6 and an 8. I would love to know before I order.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hey Leader, I normally wear a size 2 and purchased this in a size 2. I did try the size 4 on and found it to be a little large everywhere, ie. the armholes were large and when standing sideways, my bra was visible through the armholes. The body was also large which prevented the top from showing off my small waist - it make me look sorta log-like. That said, the size 4 fit better around the hips - meaning that there was room to move - but was loose everywhere else. The size 2 fit perfectly around the bust and the waist and just perfect around the hips (meaning that I won't be able to gain, not even an inch in the hip!). I hope this helps. But if I were in your shoes - and seeing that this is a final sale, I would personally call and get the actual garment measurement from them. That way, you will know for sure. I would hate for you to be stuck with something that's a little too small.

Diana Draw said...

Crew_girl_in_Canada, does the tuxedo-front cami fit you TTS? Or would you size up/down?

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hello Diana Draw. I'm sorry for not responding to your question previously. I had missed your question in its entirety. So sorry!

With respect to the Cami, it fits TTS. I normally wear a size 2 and I got it in a size 2. I have had the opportunity to try the 4 and 6 on as well. The 6 was huge and baggy and not at all attractive. The 4 fit but didn't give any definition in the torso - it sorta just hung there. The 2 was perfect because it was a little more tailored and thus gave me a little bit of a waist. My only complaint about the 2 is that the neck opening is smaller and so if I'm not careful, I could easily get my makeup smudged on it. That's my only complaint - other than that, I'm thrilled with my 2. Hope this helps.