Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday - Not a good Weigh-In

I was certain that I would have lost weight this week. Why wouldn't I??? Afterall, I consumed about 400 less calories per day and had kept to my usual workout schedule so really, why wouldn't I have lost weight?

I highly doubt that my body went into Starvation Mode. I was consuming approx. 1500 to 1600 calories a day. Based on my activity level I am supposed to be consuing approx. 2000 cals a day.

If I were to add my calorie deficit to the calories loss from my cardio workout alone, I should have had a total deficit of 4400 calories which is equivalent to slightly over 1 lb, right?

But when I stepped on the scale this morning, my scale told me that my weight stayed exactly the same... at 126.6 lbs. What the hell????

Not only that, my Body Fat percentage increased by 0.04% which by the way works out to half a pound in fat... which also means that my Lean Muscle Mass decreased!

After all my freaking hard work ... I $#@%ING LOSS LEAN MUSCLE MASS AND %$#%ING INCREASED MY BODY FAT BY HALF A $#%@ING POUND???!!!!! WHAT THE $#%@???!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if having my monthly friend come visit has anything to do with the lack of weight loss and possibly fat gain.

Tom Venuto does not discuss this in his book .... duh, obviously! He's a guy and he doesn't have a monthly visitor. I know that in the past, I would gain about 1-3 lbs right around the time leading up to my period with a definite drop in weight right after my period.

So, this time I didn't gain the weight .... I was able to maintain ... which is good, right? But then how does the increase in Fat factor into this entire situation?

I'm soooooo confused!

7 comments:

Law and Fashion said...

That's so annoying! I know that I always gain weight before my period...sometimes as much as 5 pounds! I usually lose the weight and the bloat on day 2 or 3 of my period though so hopefully you will too!

luvallthingsjcrew said...

It was probably your monthly friend! You have to RELAX! You are doing ALL THE RIGHT THINGS...stay off the scale for a week...eventually your hard work will pay off!

My Blonde Reality said...

Of course it was the gift from Mother Nature that caused this. Just watch, next week you will lose 4 pounds. Happens to me all the time. SO annoying. You are doing a great job girl, don't get discouraged!

RatsOnParade said...

I'm voting with everyone else -- I know my weight fluctuates like crazy around that time too... Plus, we noticed when we were doing weights + cardio on a regular basis that whatever we did *this* week never showed up until two weeks later. So if we were on vacation and eating everything in sight it didn't actually pack on the pounds until two weeks later. Same with the exercise/diet - so maybe it's just your body adjusting. Sounds like you're doing all the right things! Good luck and keep with it! :)

Jordyn said...

Hi...I'm sorry that sucks:( But I agree with you and everyone else, it is your monthly friend...aka curse. Also, be sure that you are eating enough that is so key and have you tried running? That makes most body types mad lean quick!

casual-crew said...

It could be your TOM, or your body could have gone into starvation mode. I have just finished losing 40 lbs, towards the end of my weight loss regime the weight was so slow coming off, until I hit maintenance. I started to lose weight at a faster rate then when I was losing when I increased my food intake.

Give it another week and if you stay the same increase your food intake a little bit to compensate for your activity.

Kristin said...

What kind of scale do you have? Thanks!