Sunday, July 5, 2009

FLO (Fat Loss Obsession) - Day 1

Yesterday was Day 1 of my Fat Loss Obsession.

I did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and then another 30 minutes of resistance training on my arms which consisted of 4 sets of 12 reps each of push-ups, curls, pushover, chest-fly, kick-backs, etc.

I'm not sore today - only because resistance training is something I normally do anyway - but instead of 2 sets of 12 reps, I've essentially doubled up my sets. As for the weights, I'm keeping them light - I'm using 5 lbs free weights. My goal is not to bulk but to tone - to burn the fat currently covering the muscles that are there already.

I also made a mental goal to only eat every 2-3 hours. I did good yesterday. Had a bowl of high-fiber cereal with Low-Fat Silk (Soymilk) and then shared a few pieces of Tuna and Salmon Sushi with Kitty as a snack, then had a salad with Shiitake Mushroom Dressing (from Urban Fare - man! that stuff is expensive - but soooooo good!) with one of my major downfalls Fat-Free Hot Dogs - no bun and for dinner, a low-fat Broccoli and Cheese Soup with a Flax-Seed Pita.

Then I kinda blew it by having a handful of Hawkin Cheezies (I LOVE those - mental note to self, must not buy those anymore!) and a No-Fat double fruitbar freezy.

I normally drink about 10 glasses of water at work but it's difficult at home - particularly when I'm on the run (grocery shopping, running errands, driving hubby to the airport, etc) so I only got in about 6 glasses. I'm going to work on getting more water today.

So, that's Day 1. Not great but not too bad. I won't beat myself up about the Hawkin Cheezies. I'll just make sure that I don't have any today, that's all.

6 comments:

gigiofca said...

Get a refillable water bottle to have with you. I take one everywhere I go.

Julia said...

Sounds like you're doing great! I'm also on a get-fit mission, I shouldn't lose any pounds, but I'd like to tone and lose the muffin top as well :) Good luck!!

Margarita said...

Aww way to go! You sound like you're doing amazing :)

Slastena said...

I have to wait untill December to start my get-fit mission too! :)) Meantime, will be fully suporrtive! Great way to get healthy and fit, cheers!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you girls for the well wishes and the tips. I need all the encouragement I can get! If I can repay the favor, let me know. I'd love for us to be one big trim, lean, toned machine!

Bernard said...

Hi,

You are following a healthy diet plan which is highly appreciable.

A balanced diet is the best way to living a good healthy life.

Diet plans are a good way of keeping our family from eating the wrong food and making sure that they eat what is good. We should get fresh produce from the market and try to avoid processed ones like food in cans and those with preservatives. Home made food doesn’t just assure that they are healthy but they can make the family closer