You have to set goals. Otherwise, how would you know that you’ve achieved what you’ve set out to achieve?
Isn’t that the truth!
In order to keep me focused on my Fat Loss journey, I have come up with the following goals:
Longer Term Goals:
- Attain body fat percentage of 18% by December 1, 2009
- Attain body fat percentage of 16% by February 6, 2010 – just in time for our next vacation!
- Maintain average body fat percentage of 18%.
Short Term Goals:
- Engage in 45 minutes of Cardio workouts 4 days a week.
- Engage in Weight-Resistance Training 3 days a week – focusing on 2 areas at a time, ie. Arms & Abs, or Arms and Legs.
- Rest 1 day a week
- Eat every 2 to 3 hours. Include lean protein with every meal.
- Stop eating by 7pm each evening (this one is going to be very tough – I know it already.. and that’s why it’s part of my goal!)
- Eat Breakfast within 2 hours of waiting up – particularly on weekends.
- Drink 72 oz of water everyday – particularly on weekends.
- Minimize Junk Food eating to 2 days a week only (and within limitation).
These are my goals. As far as the exercise portion goes, I’ve been bang-on. However, I keep blowing my goal of “Stop Eating by 7pm each evening”. I need to really work on that. My last goal of “minimize junk food eating to 2 days a week” is a very good goal for me as well. I’m a bit of a grazer. I’ll grab a couple of Cheezies while packing Kitty’s lunch or I’ll sneak a slice of cheese or a cookie or 2 or 3 while packing my lunch for the next day – so as you can see, this last goal is a good one for me.
I need to write down my goals otherwise, I will not be able to keep focused on my Fat Loss. After all, this FL thing is a long term goal and we all know how quickly long term goals can get blown if we’re not completely focused on it.
So there you go. These are my FL goals. Are you trying to lose some weight as well? Do you have any weight-loss goals?