Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It feels like a break-up..... sob!



First of all, I must apologize to my fellow bloggers for being MIA of late. It's been a little hard having to juggle my work, my home, my daughter's activities, work-out, follow the Canucks and blog all at the same time.


In short, my life's been a little too insane... something had to give and unfortunately, it was my blog - but after last night's heartbreak, I have one less thing on my plate and my life seems a little more sane all of a sudden. But.... my heart feels like it's been ripped out of my chest, thrown on the floor and rolled over by a Zamboni several times into a thousand little bits.


The Canucks' loss to the Blackhawks, thus eliminating them from the Stanley Cup playoffs feels like I've just suffered a break-up with a boyfriend. I'm sad, very, very, sad.


I honestly thought that this was the year that the boys were going to bring home the cup. They showed such promise. It's like meeting "the one". "The One" whom you clicked with, had such fun with, got along great with their friends and family. And all of a suddenly, he tells you, I'm sorry, it's over. That what it feels like. It feels like the love-affair I had with the Canucks are suddenly over and now I'm left to pick up the pieces all by myself.


I had such hopes and dreams for them. I was soooooo sure that this was the year. This was the year we were going to win the Stanley Cup. And.... now it's all over. It's heartbreaking. I'm heart-broken.


But when I look back, it sure was a fun and fantastic year. There were high highs and low lows. I jumped off the bandwagon and back on again at each and every pot hole on the road to the Stanley Cup. But that's the passion I have for the sport. I have difficulty containing my enthusiasm and disappointments; I was proud when we won and sulked in sorrow at a loss. My passion and my competitive nature makes for a high combustible combination. I'm that crazed fan at the game - the one who's screaming and yelling, waving her towel over her head. My poor husband. Thankfully we've been together for over 13 years and we've attended many a games together so he knows exactly what to expect. I can't watch a game the way my husband does - with such composure and so little emotion.... and it drives me nuts when he turns to say, "Honey, relax" - to which I would respond... "RELAX? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN RELAX???!!! THAT'S A $#@%ING BULL-SHIT CALL!".


But it was a awesome year. It was a lot of fun and I'm very proud of our boys. I was very fortunate to have attended a dozen games (all in the Suites) this year and 3 in the post season.


But like every breakup, I need time to heal. I'm sure I'll be back to my old self in a matter of days but right now, the wound is fresh and I'm in mourning.


But I'm sure we'll be back again next year with a bigger and stronger team. Maybe next year, we'll come closer to winning the Cup.


2 comments:

Julia said...

Sorry, I'm from Chicago.....GO HAWKS!!!! You've got to agree that was an exciting game on both sides!! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hey Julia, Yes I agree that it really was an exciting series. In the end, the better team won. The Hawks were truly deserving of the win. It was sad watch my boys on the ice. The Hawks made us look old and slow... but I love them nevertheless.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only hockey fan here. :)