Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Inspired by J Crew Havona Tank - One of my latest - Tropical Sea-Glass Cluster Bracelet








Please pardon my crappy pictures. I am in the midst of getting new pictures done for this bracelet but I've been dying to share my newest creation - so here it is - crappy pictures and all.

My inspiration for this bracelet is the J Crew Havona Tank. I love the weight of the material, the style of the tank (including floppy flower and all) and certainly the combination of the Golden Avocado and Deep Aqua.

Although I received my Tank about 2 months ago, I have yet to wear it - primarily because it hasn't warmed up enough to wear. But I've certainly pictured myself wearing it with a pair of White High-Heeled Flares for a more casual look or with a light shade pencil skirt for a dressier look. While I had the perfect outfit in my mind, I couldn't seem to locate the perfect piece of jewelry to complement it. I knew that I wouldn't be wearing a necklace, nor would I wear earrings for both would get lost next to the print on the Havona or worse case senario, detract from the beautiful design of the Havona Tank. I knew that the perfect piece would have to be a bracelet - but it couldn't be just any ol' bracelet. I knew that the perfect piece would have to enhance and compliment the colors in the Havona Tank. And in the end, I came up with this combination of Czech Glass beads of various shades and sizes and Rhinestone Fireballs.


So, what do you think of my Tropical Sea-Glass Cluster Bracelet? Do you think it complements the Havona? Personally, I think it'll go with lots more than just the Havona - I can certainly see myself wearing this with White, Golden Avocado, Aqua, Breeze, Citron... the list goes on.

11 comments:

gigiofca said...

Gorgeous! Perfect for spring/summer. Your creations are beautiful.

Tamstyles said...

such gorg stuff lady! im thinking...thinking...thinking.

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Gorgeous! Love the avocado & aqua ~

HeidiG said...

Absolutely beautiful. A perfect summer bracelet - it looks like the beach!!

A Bigger Closet said...

Wow, I just love the colors in this bracelet. What a beautiful piece! :)

Slastena said...

Wow! This one is truly magnificent! You have captured the color palette of Havona beautifully! Fantastic job!

C said...

because of you and some other jewelry makers, I actually looked for fire balls the last time I was in a bead store....I used to make some jewelry...maybe 10 yrs ago but then sort of gave it up. No fire balls, but I am sure I can find some on line. I am really partial to avocado glass- one of my faves and your bracelet is very pretty.

stephanie_elizabeth said...

I love these colors! Will you be making any more and putting them on etsy?

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments. You make me blush!

Stephanie-Elizabeth, to answer your question, yes, this will be available in my Etsy shop shortly. Likely in the next day or two. :)

JNJ said...

beautiful! i'm looking forward to your etsy update.

Kelly said...

Can I buy one from you? I love it and am having a hard time finding you on Etsy. My email is kellypwallace@hotmail.com