Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today's Outfit - Camilla Jacket in Bright Flame







This was the item that first made me fall in-love with J Crew. It's called the Camilla Jacket from the 2007 Fall Collection. The first time I laid eyes on it, I knew that I had to have it. This was the description:

Cotton in a 9-gauge double-knit. A beautifully detailed sweater jacket in a refined Milano knit, with wide rib trim and neat little pockets. Spread collar. Rib trim at neck, cuffs and hem. Three-quarter sleeves. Chest pockets with button closure. Hits at hip. Import. Machine wash.

It came in Navy and Bright Flame. I purchased an XS in the Bright Flame and weeks later, purchased the Navy in the S. Since the knit is tight and heavy, the XS is slightly tighter than I'd like wearing my sweaters / jackets normally. But since this is a boxier style, down-sizing actually helps make the jacket look more fitted. My Navy Camilla is slightly more boxy but it's still stunning nonetheless.

The last time I wore the Camilla Jacket was early last Fall to a party and received numerous compliments on it. The girls love the design and the color. So do I! And although I have had it for 18+ months, I'm as in-love with it as I was when I first laid eyes on it.

So, here's what I wore today:
Perfect Fit Stripe Tank in Bright Flame
Charcoal Grey Flared Leg Cuffed Trousers (I was going to wear my skinny leg trousers - but could not find them. They're in the house - but are in hiding. URGH!)
Camilla Sweater Jacket in Bright Flame
BR Bauble Necklace
Black Pointed Toe Pumps

Are you familiar with the Camilla Sweater Jacket? Do you own it? Do you like it? If you've seen it but don't own it, do you regret not getting it?

4 comments:

ashley said...

wow! great outfit! that jacket looks perfect on you!

Charlee said...

Agree! Awesome outfit!

Have not seen the jacket before, but it appears to be v. well-tailored! I like :)

x C

GingerSnap said...

I love the necklace...you look so cute!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you ladies!

Charlee, the jacket is from a couple of years back. I wish that J Crew would bring a similar style back. It's a classic piece!