Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THANK YOU JOAN!!! You're such a Doll!


I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank Joan (Jaspermcgee) for being so kind and generous.

You see, slightly over a week ago, Joan had posted on the JCA blog that she would not be using her J Crew 25% off card and was willing to give it away.

Being Canadian sucks when it comes to J Crew because whenever J Crew engages in these Marketing giveaways (ie. Store Discount Cards), they never include their Canadian Buyers - which is rather Ethnocentric - in my opinion because, we Canadians own cars and will drive to the States to shop specifically in a J Crew Store(s) - so please don't forget about us hicks who live north of the 49th paralle. That said, I can also certainly understand why J Crew didn't include their Canadian followers for many would likely not drive to the States.

Anyway, I digress. I apologize.

Seeing that I didn't get a card, and seeing that Joan was offering to give away her card to someone who could actually use it, I emailed her and she generously offered to mail the card to me in Canada.

I personally think that it's soooo very kind of her to have done that. Thank you Joan!

I am planning to do my 3 hour drive to Bellevue in the next couple of weeks - definitely before the end of the month - so that I may spend my disposable Canadian income at J Crew.

I have read that J Crew is cracking down on these cards - meaning that they don't want others using them - other than the ones they've sent the cards to. I can certainly appreciate their position and I agree that they have every right to decide who they want to give these cards to and who they don't. However, I am hoping they don't give me a hard time about it. I truly hope that J Crew can see past the fact that I wasn't the true recipient of the card but that a kind and generous person gave me her card (she's never used it - it's still stuck to the invite) and that while I could easily spend my money here in Canada I'm choosing to spend my money at J Crew instead. That said, I hope that they'll accept my card and my hard-earned cash.

Regardless if they do or not, I want to take this opportunity to thank Joan nonetheless. And as promised, I will be posting pictures of my purchases, so stay tuned!

Thanks once again Joan! Hugs, K (Crew_Girl_in_Canada)

15 comments:

Tamstyles said...

congrats.i love to hear stuff like this...time to pay it forward!

♥ Chloe said...

Ooh I can't wait to see what you buy! :)

Petunia said...

Wow--that was very nice of her! I hope you are allowed to use it! I don't know if they can tell who the original recipient was, so hopefully they won't ask any questions.
It is unfair that some received and others didn't.

cdp said...

All you need to do is write your name on the back of the red card in ink. They may or may not ID you. A mass email was sent to all the stores to do that at the register. It will show you've used it before (wink wink). Enjoy!f

KatyO. said...

They totally are cracking down! They wrote my name on it yesterday (after verifying against my license), and I used it again today, and asked for my license (even though I used my J. Crew credit card!).

That was very kind of her! :)

Anon said...

Way to publicly post this. It's so "in your face J.crew!". Haha. You really showed them...

gigiofca said...

If there is no name on the back, they will probably assume you didn't use it. Joan's name isn't on it and no one else's is, so of course you can use it. Enjoy yourself and they should be grateful that not only are you going to drive 3 hours to go to J Crew, you're going to come back and blog about it. Free press for them. So there.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Tamstyles, I agree. It's time to pay it forward. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Chloe, I can't wait until next week. I'm itching to go this week already ... but my husband and I have a date this weekend since Kitty is going to a b'day party and then a sleep over. I guess I can't possibly blow my husband off for J Crew. It just isn't right. lol! I'll be sure to post what I purchase. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Petunia, I hope I won't get any guff for using this card. I don't know if they'll be able to tell who the original recipient is.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

cdp, this card hasn't been used ever so I guess J Crew will be writing my name on the back once I use it.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

KatyO, I don't understand why they are cracking down on the use of this card. J Crew is getting the business - so what's the big deal? Maybe I'm just not seeing the bigger picture. I'm sure J Crew has their reasons.

Yes, it was very nice of Joan to have given me this card. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Anon, it wasn't my intent to "show" J Crew. I actually started this post as a thank you to Joan and to say, please don't forget about us Canadian buyers. I realize that there are no stores here in Canada but that's not to say that we won't go out of our way to travel to a J Crew store to shop - which is exactly what I'm doing. But I hope that in time, J Crew will include Canadians in their giveaways. I can only hope and pray.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Gigiofca, thanks for your support. I'm going to certainly enjoy using this card and I agree. I hope that they don't give me a hard time and instead appreciate the fact that I'm choosing to spend my money at J Crew versus another store. :)

Seattle Moms Deal Finder said...

Cute story! We enjoy your blog! :)