Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Latest Creation - Fireball Drop Earrings









I just have to share my latest creation with you - Fireball Drop Earrings. I am absolutely in-love with Fireballs. I love, love, love the gitter and shine of Fireballs in general (as you can tell from my creations - lol) and I finally got around to creating a pair of earrings with the Fireballs as the focus.

I can't wait to wear these earrings. They match with sooooooo much - from the J Crew pieces that I own - the Crystal Ball Earrings and the Twisted Crystal Necklace - to the pieces from my own collection - the Pink Czech Glass and Fireball Necklace as well as the Ribbon Fireball Necklace.

I never considered myself a blingy person until I started accessorizing. Don't get me wrong, I don't like head to toe, look-at-me, look-at-me blinging kind of way; I like shiny and glittery but in a classic sense. Does that make sense?

Where do you sit in the Accessories spectrum? Do you like delicate jewelry or big and bold, or are you somewhere in between? Do you prefer natural materials, ie stone and distest bling, or are you one who's head to toe dripping in glitter? Maybe you're like me, you like tastefully shiny? What sort of accessories girl are you?

8 comments:

gigiofca said...

Those are gorgeous! Great job. I usually only wear one big piece at a time. So I'll wear a set of 7 or 8 bangles with small earrings. Or if I wear big earrings, I'll keep everything else small. As far as shine I usually have something sparkly, studded or sequin-y on if I can help it.

The Beading Gem said...

You've sold me on fireballs! I'm not a blingy person either but these are just drop dead gorgeous. Great design!

Slastena said...

Wow! I do not know how you do it- so gorgeous! Really envious of your talent!:)

A Bigger Closet said...

I adore tasteful shiney and these earrings are gorgeous! You're so talented. :) I've noticed we have a few of the same JC jewelry pieces. And speaking of tasteful shiney, I received the Claudia crackle metallic pumps last week. You were right, they're fantastic! Love 'em. Couldn't resist ordering a pair in pewter as well. Ah, if only all JC shoes fit so well... :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you gigiofca. I agree, I like wearing 1 focal piece at a time. If it's a necklace, then I'll usually skip earrings in favor of a small bangle. Too many pieces are just too distracting - particularly on my short frame.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you The Beading Gem. I'm a fireball nut!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you Slatena for your nice words. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you ABC. I am envious that you were able to order them in pewter. I sooooooo wanted them in Pewter but they were sold out in my size. Aren't they simply comfortable? So unlike the Lulus! In fact, I have to say that the Claudias are probably the most comfortable J Crew shoes - even more so than the Juliets!

BTW, I love your taste in jewelry. Clean lines and Classic style - just like you!