Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's all about the Score!



I know that these aren't clothes. But hey, to me, they come a very, very, very close second. I'm talking about Chocolates. Delicious, Delicate, Smooth, Rich, Delectable, melt-in-your-mouth, I've-died-and-gone-to-heaven, super scrumptious Chocolate. And of the many, many varieties out in the market, one of my favorite yet totally affordable brand is Lindt - in particular Lindor Truffles.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather have a box of Godiva's any day but at $2.00 a truffle, I'll settle for my other favorite - Lindor.

And while I LOVE Lindt chocolates, I love them even more when I am able to get a deal on them. We're not talking a regular deal but AN INCREDIBLE DEAL.

On Sunday, while at the Grocery Store, I approached Customer Service and asked if they had any Easter Chocolates left. (While I don't buy much chocolates normally, I did have a hankering for some that day - hence my request). The young lady working the Customer Service desk told me that they had a bunch the day before but for some reason, she thought that all of the Chocolates had sold out... however, she would put a call into the Grocery Manager and find out if there was any left.

I stood there for a long while as she appeared to have a "personal" conversation with the Grocery Manager (or so I thought). She then got off the phone and pointed to a stand located in a far corner of the store and said, "that's all the Easter Chocolates we have left. If you are interested in buying a bunch, the Manager said that I could give you a discount."

Great! I love discounts! as I pushed my buggy towards the case of leftover Easter Treats. As I approached, I see that the case is filled with chocolates I don't normally like. You know the kind, solid bunny made with "not so yummy, does not really melt in your mouth and kinda chewy" chocolate and then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted some Lindt Chocolates. As I rounded the case with my buggy, I see that there was a bunch of Lindt chocolates on the stand.

YUMMY and DISCOUNT is all I can think of at this point.

I picked up 4 bags in total - 2 of the Spring Lindor Truffles and 2 of the Lindor Truffles Stracciatella 8.5oz bags. (If you haven't tasted the Stracciatella Truffles - oh, do run to the store and get some. They are TO DIE FOR!!! It's the most amazing White Truffle with cocao pieces that imparts a flavor of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. It's Heavenly!!)

The "After Easter" Sale price for these Tuffles were $5.99 a bag. I stuck the 4 bags into my cart and headed back to the Customer Service counter wondering the entire way, what sort of discount she would give me.

Thinking that if she offered to sell them to me for $2.99 a bag, I would go back and get a few more - for after all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lindor Truffles. I placed the bags down on the counter and she said, these will be 35 cents a bag.

35 CENTS A BAG???!!!!

I normally pay $5.99 or $6.99 for a bag of Lindor Truffles and think that it's a deal. But at 35 cents a bag, that's an amazing deal!

I realize that I don't need 48 bags of Lindor Truffles nor do I need 960 Truffles in total (there's 20 to a bag and at 48 bags, I get 960 individually wrapped Truffles) but I couldn't say no to a phenomenal purchase.

I paid $16.80 for 48 bags of Lindor Truffles. My discount? A WHOPPING $270.72!

Now, THAT IS A SERIOUS SCORE! Don't you think?

However, I do have 1 small problem. I don't know how I'm going to stick 48 Bags or 960 Truffles in my small Upright Freezer. Houston, we have a problem...

9 comments:

Needs Help said...

Wow what a bargain! It puts me in a great mood all day to find a steal like that, almost feels like you made money :)

KBear said...

Hahaha, that is too funny!

I love Lindor chocolates too.

CECE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CECE said...

hahaha! That is such a great deal!!! I LOVE LINDT! I remember growing up in Asia, we were surrounded by the American brands like Hersheys and Mars chocolates until one day my mom gave me a bar of this wonderful chocolate which she had purchased from a newly opened supermarket which sold chocolates and candies from all over the world! I fell inlove! Since then, I always opted for the creamy, yummy Lindt chocolates. Well, there were others that were from the Middle East which were amazing! So there, I can honestly say I would have bought 48 bags as well! hehehe Enjoy! Remember, one truffle at a time eh! LOL

C said...

I like Stracciatella and the Mozart truffles, and the filled chocolates shaped like nuts (almond, hazelnut) with a nut-texture foil wrap....but almost 1000 truffles is too much. It would take me 10 years to eat those. Guess you have to take some to work and have a chocolate party and maybe get another storage freezer....

Chloe said...

OMG! Deal of the century, I'd say. I looooove Lindt truffles (and I'm also not a huge fan of chocolate- weird, huh?) and the last thing I need are the Stracciatella ones. While chocolate isn't my cup of tea, cookies n' cream definitely is. I could inhale those in about .02 seconds flat, eek!

Jackie said...

hahaha, 48 bags??? I think I would do the same thing -- I have never heard of such a price!! Send them out to your readers!! Have a contest!

Paper Bag Princess said...

Unbelievable score!!!! Lindt is the best - and now I'm on the hunt for the cookies and creamy one...

I would have done the same thing and bought as many as I could carry! The difference between you and me is that storage would not be problem. I'd store them in tummy.

Zoë Moët said...

The greatest things about Lindor Truffles is how cute they look. I think you should color code them and then use them as home decor!