Thursday, April 23, 2009

Can you rock this style?



I don't know about others but I get a lot of my styling ideas from J Crew - be it the Catalog or Online.

I realize that the pictures seen on line are often highly stylized - ie. wearing 4 to 5 different bracelets together or wearing 2 shirts, a sweater and a cami under a coat, you know what I mean. Similarly, the front tuck in tank, cami, shell... where the front is tucked in and the back is hanging out, is also very stylized ... but I can somewhat get away with a similar look and still look put together.

HOWEVER.... there is no way in hell I can get away with this look. This half front tucked in shirt looks like I've just finished rocking some guy in the file room and barely tucked my shirt in before someone walked in and caught us in the act.

I just don't think this highly stylized look will work for me. What about you?

12 comments:

Patina Cabachon said...

I can pile on the jewelry, however, i could never walk out of the house like this. I agree...she looks like she's trying to get on her shoes and tuck in the shirt while dude rushes to hide before the door opens. lol

Slastena said...

Too funny! Nothing wrong with..hmm.. rocking.. Especially if the guy is cute. But I agree, not every look translates well IRL. It's almost like ad pages- so glorious looking clothes on a model, but hideous on some starlet ( becauase, frankly, who can afford ad clothes anyway!).

CECE said...

LOL I agree! It does look like you just walked out after a passionate moment that was rudely interrupted hahaha! I think tucked in, this look will look nice and pulled together.

Emily said...

LOL. I have actually seen this look from a former coworker and come to think of it she may have been "rocking" it which would explain why she was a mess! I don't think I will rock this look. It needs to be in or out not a combo.

Crystal said...

Rocking the guy in the file room...that is the funniest thing ever!!!

HeidiG said...

Still cracking up at your comment... totally agree. :)

Joyce said...

You made me laugh out loud!

Tamstyles said...

i agree..and magazines..then after a while it just comes to me..

Zoë Moët said...

Haha I agree, I do like the messy hair though...Is anyone with me on that? I like to think I can pull it off (on the right day, with the right outfit, and a bit toned down) but maybe that's just laziness talking ;)

Zoë Moët said...

In response to Patina Cabachon...

That's why you should always leave your shoes ON when "rocking" in the supply closet!

Petunia said...

It seems like they wanted to show what the skirt would look like with a shirt tucked in AND with one untucked. Honestly I think it would look ridiculous in real life!!!
LOL at rocking comment!!!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Too funny! I wouldn't leave the house in that look, either...at least it's good for a laugh! :)