Monday, March 2, 2009

Trying to figure out what to get with my JC Rewards Card.

March 15 is quick approaching and I’m trying desperately to figure out what to buy with my J Crew Rewards Card. I have $175 dollars on my Rewards card. To me, that seems like a lot of money. After all, it’s ONE-HUNDRED-AND-SEVENTY-FIVE-DOLLARS! But at J Crew, $175 can only get me a few pieces. I’ll be lucky if I can walk away with 3 items.

So, I’ve been procrastinating, trying to figure out what to buy. The good thing is, I haven’t been overly fond of the 2009 Spring Collection which has boded well for me but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything I like. In fact, there’s lots, and I mean LOTS that I like. Luckily, it’s not as much as what I liked last year. Last Spring, I WAS IN LOVE! This Spring, I’m in IN-LIKE.

So, here are a few things that I’m contemplating getting:


Havona Tank $128


Ruffle Tee $39.50


Twisted Crystal Necklace $65.00




Crown Bangle $34.00





Pearl Cluster Bracelet $78.00


Slub Cotton Critter Tee - (Zebra) $32.50



Merino CrossHatch Cardigan $125.00




Cotton Cashmere Bouquet Cardigan $78.00

Large Metallic Thompson Tote $89.99


I’m still on my shopping ban. While I intend on keeping my shopping ban the reality is, I’m not stupid enough to throw $175 away so I’ve decided to put a limit on what I will spend on top of the $175. After all, it’s almost impossible to shop in such a way that I would be purchasing $175 in products exactly. So why fight it, right? I have decided that I will spend up to a total of $50 in addition to the $175 gift card. This additional $50 does not include taxes nor shipping. If you were me, what would you buy? In short, I have $225. What combination of the above will you buy for $225?

12 comments:

mouse6760 said...

Do you mind me asking how you got a jcrew credit card since you're in Canada? I'd love to apply for one myself.

♥ Chloe said...

I loooove the Havona Tank and the ruffle tee- both are on my wishlists right now!

starla729 said...

i'm a fan of the ruffle tee and cotton/cashmere bouquet cardi... i've been eyeing those myself! :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I have the Twisted Crystal necklace and Crown Bangle...LOVE both of them, and highly recommend you get them. *FYI: I got my bracelet on Ebay for $22 shipping included, so you might be able to find a similar deal.

I also want the Havona tank...just not sure on sizing, so I'm actually considering purchasing it before it goes to final sale so I know for sure.

Ruffle tee: I tried this on in XS and it was too big on me...I would wait for sale...just don't think it's worth full price.

Zebra tee: I've seen this IRL, and I would wait for sale on this one, too...not worth full price, IMHO.

Cardigans: did not see them IRL, but the pics are cute.

Thompson tote: haven't seen this color IRL, but have seen the other colors, and I would wait for sale.

I also love the Pearl Cluster Bracelet, but haven't seen it IRL. I've seen the one at Target, and it is not as nice as the Cluster necklace, so I passed it by.

Hope this helps a little! Have a wonderful day!

AppGal said...

I'll second FFM's comments. The ruffle tee is way oversized and not worth full price. The zebra tee is cute but also not worth full price. If I were you I'd be getting the Havona tank and one of the cardis. I really like the cotton cashmere bouquet cardi. Both items are so unique!

Christina said...

I have the first two items in my shopping cart as well. Love them!!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

mouse6760, I didn't do anything special in order to get a J Crew credit Card. I basically contacted the customer service line, told them that I was looking to apply for a card. They sent me the application in the mail. I filled it out, mailed it to them, and was approved for a card in about 3 weeks. That's basically it. I've had a J Crew card for about a year and a bit now.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting a card. Good Luck!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

After my post last night, and having had the opportunity to think about it somemore (not like I haven't had the time already!), I think I'm leaning towards the Havona Tank, the Crosshatch Cardi, the Bouquet Cardi, Twisted Crystal Necklace, Crown Bangle and Pearl Cluster Bracelet. I really like the Ruffle Tee as well but I think I may have to try that on to make a decision. If I got everything I liked, I think that I will certainly blow my budget. I think I need more time to think about this!

Laura said...

Definitely get the twisted crystal necklace!!! I love it

Slastena said...

Havona tank and Thompson bag- have both, like them both! My bag is in Platinum color, very pretty for teh spring and summer.

latia said...

I say get the twisted crystal necklace. It is a very good layering piece and so pretty irl.
I also think you should get the Havona tank.

gigiofca said...

I love the Thompson bag and have 2. They don't offer a lot of support and now I wish that I had gotten one of the large sizes and one of the smaller sizes instead of 2 large. I love the ruffle t and surprised to hear how large it is. I think it'd be cute on you. Also think would totally work the crosshatch cardi. I saw the other cardi w/the stick figure floral applique thingie and wasn't impresed. You can wear a much more beautiful pin on a Jackie than get that. You already have a couple of cardis adorned with better flowers. I say that one is a pass. Big vote for the twisted crystal. I think you'd look good in that, too. :-)