Monday, March 23, 2009

Today's Outfit - Spring Bloom Berry Astrid







I've been looking for a Spring Graphic Tee to wear under my Berry Astrid Jacket and I think I've found the perfect one. I purchased this Graphic Tee from Old Navy last weekend. It's a pewter grey shade with the perfect shade of blue graphic on it which ties in the Berry Astrid nicely. At first I thought that it might be a little too much with the numbers and lettering and watercolor prints on the tee but having had it on all day today at work, I think that it actually works well. In fact, I particularly like the watercolor print near the bottom of the tee (the part that shows under the jacket) - because it adds interest to the outfit but does not detract from the jacket itself.

Today's outfit consists of:
Berry Astrid Jacket in Bright Blue
ON Graphic Tee
Charcoal Grey Pants from Reitmans
Pearl Accessores - Necklace and Bracelet
Grey Patent cheapy heels from Payless

What do you think? In your opinion, does this ON tee work with the Berry Astrid?

9 comments:

purplesweettarts said...

I like this outfit. I have to say, this color (blue) looks stunning on you!

dinagideon said...

It does work very well...I don't think I would ever grab that tee, but on you...nice look!!!

Good work on this outfit...I am sure your co-workers are all giving you lots of compliments!

Akansha said...

Very nice outfit. The jacket looks great in this color.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you purplesweettarts! BTW, I just LOVE your blogger name!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Dinagideon, I almost didn't buy the tee originally - thinking that it may look a little too young on me but when I tried it on with a Dusty Blue Cardigan (which I had originally paired it with when I got home) I really loved the look and when it dawned on me that it would pick up the colors of the Astrid Jacket, I was sold on the tee.

Akansha, thank you for your nice words. I have this jacket in both the Blue and the Plum and in all honesty, I don't know which I like better. I guess it depends on the day :)

Slastena said...

I like the tee. The bold graphic "dilutes" the classiness of jacket and adds a little edge.
This is my favorite outfit on you. Very chic!

callmehoneybun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

CallmeHoneyBun, Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. With respect to the jacket, the different between the Regular and the Petite is really the length of the sleeves. The Regular sleeves were too long on me - thus making it look like my Tailor did a bad job on the length of the sleeves. The petite sits above my watch which, in my opinion, looks much better. I hope this helps you. If you have further questions, just ask. :)

callmehoneybun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.