Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today's Outfit - Jacob Sequin Graphic Tee






I really like my new Graphic Tee that I had picked up from Jacob last week. It's a dark Heather Grey with an abstract Lily drawing in a brush stroke design. The center of each Lily is finished with sequins. Note: The lilies are drawn on both the front as well as on the back of the tee. The Tee is an 80's style with a wide scoop neck, slight gathers at the shoulders and short capped sleeves. It's a longer style tee and when pulled down completely actually come to the top of my thighs. Since I don't like it quite that long (for it draws just WAY too much attention to thundering thighs), I have the top pulled up slightly to give it that ruching look around the waist as well as to raise the hem. I absolutely LOVE this tee and it was a steal for $19 from the original price of $38.

I have been asked by a few bloggers if we have stores in Canada that are comparable to J Crew. Based solely on my humble opinon, there are 2 chain-stores in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver) whose style is similar to J Crew. The first is Club Monaco. Club Monaco's style is similar to the dressier J Crew style. They showcase a lot more color, finer fabrics and classic styling with an edge. The other store is Jacob. I like Jacob's line of Khakis, Chinos, Cords, and Graphic Tees. Although both stores are about as close as they come to J Crew style, no store in Vancouver comes close to being J Crew and that's why I continue to shop at J Crew. Anyway, if you're ever by a Jacob, do be sure to check out their Graphic Tees. The last time I was there, they did have a fabulous selection at awesome prices!!! Anyway....

This is what I wore today:

Lily Graphic Sequin Tee from Jacob, size Small
Cheapy Suzy Shier Trousers
Lea Merino Cardigan in Black
Long Pearl Necklace
Amore Charm Bracelet (A "My Delightful Obsession" creation).
Grey Patent PeepToes from Payless

Back to Jacob. Are you familiar with Jacob? Do you like their Graphic Tees? What about their Chinos and Cords? Do you like them?

3 comments:

Preppy in Ohio said...

I love the tee shirt! The Lilly on the front is great. Your outfits are always oh so stylish and oh so fabulous!

shopaholicdiva1027 said...

Love the outfit, especially the tee.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you Preppy in Ohio. You're too kind. I hardly think that I'm always stylish and fabulous. That actually made me laugh out loud (in a good way, that is!) In fact, I was feeling far from being stylish and fabulous yesterday. I was having a FAT day yesterday. Hmmm... I wonder if it was the 2 plates of Homemade Spaghetti dinner that I had the night before. lol! But thank you very much for the kind words.

Shopaholiddiva1027, isn't this tee fabulousso? I couldn't believe that I lucked out and got it for $19. I was ready to buy it at $38 and I'm glad I waited! It also comes in White but I like the Grey sooooo much more. :)