Monday, March 2, 2009

Today's Outfit - J Crew and Fishnet





I woke up this morning to find out that for the first time, in like forever, it was going to be in the double digits today! Yes, for that brief moment, I did comtemplate going bare leg but decided against it. Afterall, my legs look way too pale and secondly, the high was only going to be 11 degrees Celsius - so it wasn't like balmy or anything. So after rummaging around my Armoire for a bit, I found what I thought was the perfect leg topper - FISHNET STOCKINGS!

That's right! Fishnet!

I don't remember where I got these from but I love the look of Fishnet for office wear. Now, I'm not talking Skanky here. It's not like I've don on a barely there skirt, cut down to there blouse and CFM shoes with Fishnet.

I'm talking Career Professional with a twist. So for the most part, my outfit was conservative - Belle Skirt, Lana Blouse and Lea Merino Cardigan in black. For accessories, I had a single long strand pearl necklace with a Swarovski Crystal Flower Pin. I also had a pair of relatively conservative pointed toe shoes on ... but the twist to my entire outfit was my Fishnet hose. It was a little added fun in an otherwise conservative outfit.

5 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Very pretty! I was also going to suggest trying the Lana top with your Sharkskin skirt in plum for when the weather warms up. Not sure if it would be too much shine IRL, though. If you get the chance to try it out, please do, and let me know if it works IRL or not. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, great idea! I think the Lana will look great with the Sharkskin skirt as well... and maybe with a plum skinny belt? That sounds pretty. I will have to try that! Thank you! Great suggestion!

georgia_crew_girl said...

Crew Girl--I love your blog and was thinking you are in Vancouver...is that correct? Could I get your email so that maybe I could get some info on places to stay in the area? I'll be traveling there from Georgia in April. Thanks!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Georgia_Crew_Girl, yes I am in Vancouver. How did you deduce that?

You'll love Vancouver... and the weather will be warmer as well. But be sure to bring a medium weight jacket. It will still be cool out. The mornings will likely be around 9 or 10 degrees celsius. The afternoon temperate will likely be around 16 degrees celsius. Will you be on business or pleasure?

Please feel free to email me at: jkgordon@shaw.ca. I will be more than happy to give you tips on our beautiful city.

This goes for anyone coming to visit Vancouver. Please feel free to email me. I will be more than happy to assist you with your trip.

Looking foward to chatting with you soon!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Georgia Crew Girl, I've been just swamped at work and kept forgetting to email you. I know you'll be here in Vancouver next weekend. Did you want to email me at home so that I may respond to your email? I wasn't trying to be rude. Looking forward to hearing from you! My home email address is: jkgordon@shaw.ca

Talk to you soon!