Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today's Outfit - Cords to Work...First Time Ever!!!





I've never worn Cords to work ever - not because I don't like them but because I've always thought that they looked casual. And of course, it didn't help any this morning, as I was dressing for work, when my husband said, "Are those brown jeans you're wearing to work?"

Well, Honey, for your information, firstly, they are not brown my foolish husband, they are Caramel. Secondly, they're not jeans. They're cords. Of course, he looks at me as if I've suddenly sprouted 2 heads and was speaking completely in jibberish.

I don't think he got it at all... but it really didn't matter what he thought because I was going to be looking stylish yet professional in my new Caramel Cords. To dress up my cords and Candy Tee, I don my Herringbone Ecole Jacket, the crystal ball necklace plus the Ann Taylor Heart Pendant Necklace (without the Heart - that is) and a pair of Metallic Burnish Gold Pointy Heel pumps from Nine West.

Personally, I think the look is dressy and professional and I certainly feel that I can get away with a look like this in an office setting. What do you think? Is this business enough for a Manager? Obviously my husband begs to differ. But I would love to hear your thoughts.

14 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

I love that blazer! It's gorgeous!

I can't comment on if it's work appropriate or not, because I work in a place where those sorts of rules go out the window. Seriously- jeans + J. Crew perfect long sleeved tee with my company's logo embroidered on it + comfy tennies is it for me. Meh.

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

The whole outfit looks FABULOUS on you! Seriously...this is one of my favorite looks for you so far! I am in LOVE with the Blazer, too! :)

Lake Nokomis said...

I think the outfit is absolutely fine for work!

AppGal said...

I wear cords all the time to work! I am a high school teacher, so our attire has to be professional of course. Cords have the ability to look sloppy or chic--it really all depends on what you wear them with. I think this outfit looks very nice on you and definitely appropriate for the office!!

dinagideon said...

I teach Middle School and this would be dressed up for me. For a manager, definitely casual, but GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL, and DRESSY casual. You look so nice!

Paper Bag Princess said...

Love it! Perfect for casual friday. That jacket looks awesome on you, and I love your pumps!

Mslay said...

You always look Put together! And have a very distinct style!

A Bigger Closet said...

I love this outfit on you! It's a look that says professional yet relaxed at the same time. I agree with FFM and the blazer was *made* for you!

Slastena said...

I love the whole look! I think you look very polished and professional. The color of those cords is my favorite and goes perfect with reds!

lexieloo said...

Oh yes, this is totally business casual for a manager. However, I'm in a unique environment that nobody understands. I work for the government, which most think is strictly about suits, but I'm with the tree huggers. So my managers wear jeans twice a week-- on faux Friday (Thrusady) and on Friday. You look great!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Sorry everyone that I'm behind in my responses.

Chloe, Thank you for your nice words. Some days, I wish that I could just wear what is appropriate for your work instead. :)

FFM, Thank you for your nice words. I own a lot of dark colored pants - Charcoal, Greys, Black, Chocolates, etc. This is my first ever pair of lighter colored pants. I'm gradually becoming more comfortable in lighter colored bottoms.

Thank you Lake Nokomis. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you AppGal and Dinagideon. I didn't know that you're both teachers. That's so cool! Thanks for your kind words. I will certainly be wearing this style to the office more often now. :)

Thank you Paper Bag Princess and Mslay for your nice words. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you ABC and Slastena. You're both my inspiration when it comes to geting ideas for colored bottoms. I'm learning to be a little more creative. Thank you both of you!

Lexiloo, you made me laugh out loud with your Faux Friday comment. I love it. Hope you won't mind if I start using it as well! ;)

C said...

I just discovered your blog yesterday, so I am commenting "late" on some of these outfits. I have tan cords that I wear to work (they are "butter pecan") but like your husband, I think I am more conservative. You seem to wear a lot of graphic tees, which I would not wear to work, but that seems to be part of your current style. If you wore these pants and blazer with a camel silk blouse or camel cashmere sweater, it would look much more conservative and he would probably think it was OK! Of course you might not like it at all. The white tee with the print and the way it is longer than the jacket makes it more casual and more funky.