Sunday, March 8, 2009

Today's Outfit - Casual Sequin Tee








Sequin Crest Tee
Lea Merino Cardigan in Navy
Liquid Bootcut Leg Jeans from Suzy Shier
Peep Toe Grey Patent Heels from Payless (my latest shoe purchase)
Long Pearl Necklace (wrapped twice around my neck)
4 strand Pearl Bracelet
Lucinda Stadium Cloth Coat in Navy

I love Dim Sum. Despite the fact that I am Asian, I really don't get an opportunity to have Dim Sum often. If I am lucky, I might have Dim Sum once every 6 months, sometimes longer.

Anyway, a good friend and an old collegue of my May, emailed me earlier this week and wanted to know if I wanted to go to lunch with her and Victor (another old Collegue - actually, Victor used to work for me). After some bantering around as to where we were going to go (we had tossed around the idea of Sukiyaki, Sushi and Dim Sum) - we finally decided on Dim Sum because none of us had had it for quite a while.

For those who aren't familiar with Dim Sum - the literal translation for the word "Dim Sum" means "to touch your heart". Depending on where you go, you can either place your order by marking an order sheet or, selecting your food from steam carts being pushed around the restaurant. I personally like ordering from the Steam Carts. I love being able to see the dishes and pointing to what I want. Unfortunately, this restaurant recently changed their service from Steam Carts to Order Sheets. Nonetheless, the food and experience was still fabulous!
We chose to go to Sun Sui Wah on Main Street - which serves fabulous Dim Sum. Dim Sum is only ever served at lunch. Service starts at approximately 10:30am and is served until 2pm at the latest. It's very similar to Tapas - meaning, dishes are served in minature sizes. For instance, if you ordered "Spring Rolls", an order will get you 2 little Spring Rolls, each cut in half - so the dish will serve, 2 - 4 people at most. The idea of Dim Sum is to order a bunch of little dishes. May, Victor and I ordered a total of 12 dishes. We had noodles, Pork Ribs, Beef Ribs, many different types of dumplings - ranging from shrimp to beef to pork. We also had a delicious Sticky Rice Wrap (this is my favorite Dim Sum Dish) and a Tapioca Dessert.

Lunch was super yummy and we were stuffed!!! If you haven't had an opportunity to try Dim Sum, I highly recommend it. I would certainly go with someone who can speak Chinese -either Cantonese or Mandarine. Unfortunately I don't speak either. Thank God for Victor and May!

The best part is, the bill only came to $53.00 for the 3 of us, including taxes and tip. Isn't that amazing! We ate soooooo much, we literally rolled out of the restaurant!


3 comments:

The Outfit of the day said...

This outfit looks very nice on you!!

AppGal said...

oooh...you're making me hungry! I love Dim Sum! And you're right...it is totally better when served on the carts. My favorite is the steamed dumplings :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you The Outfit of the day for your kind words. :)

AppGal, I love Steamed Dumplings as well! YUM!!! Where abouts are you located? Do you have a large Asian population in your city? Do they make good Dim Sum as well?