Friday, March 27, 2009

My Latest Creation - Glass and Fireball Necklace




I've become somewhat obsessed with making my own jewelry of late. In the last month, I have designed and completed 4 necklaces. The first is the Twisted Pearl Neckace seen here, and my most recent is the Crystal-Ice Necklace shown above.

This necklace consists of individually knotted Bevelled Czech Glass Beads with 4 Firestones, 2 on each side of the necklace. The color of the Glass Beads is a pinkier Dusty Rose shade but because the beads are clear, they go beautifully with any pink shade.

I'm quite proud of my new creation for I received a number of compliments on this necklace today. Many were very surprised when they found out that I had made it. What do you think of my new necklace? Do you like it? Do you not? Would you change anything?

11 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

I like it! And I wouldn't change a thing. :)

Suzy Q said...

Absolutely love the necklace! I make jewelry, too, but have been intimidated by the individual knots required, especially on such a long necklace. Perhaps now I will give it a try since you have inspired me. Love your blog, too!

starla729 said...

i love it! nice job! please post more of your creations :)

Petunia said...

Wow--I love it!

Christina said...

you should sell ur creations on etsy!

gigiofca said...

I'm proud of you! I know you spend a lot of time w/the jewelry making. It's worth it. I love the beads you selected. Keep going!

gigiofca said...

Question -- where are you purchasing your beads?

ashley said...

I totally like it! How much does it cost to make a lovely necklace like that? Is it better to make your own than buy? I'd love to learn how to bead one day! Congrats on your creation!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Gorgeous! :)

Shannon said...

Beautiful!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you Ladies, you're all too kind!

Christina, you may have just inspired me to do that! :)

Gigiofca, I purchase my beads from a gem store in North Vancouver.

Ashley, if I can find a necklace that I like, I would rather buy it than to make it - I'm all about instant gratification. lol! But in all honesty, most of the time, I am unable to find what I like - and sometimes, colors are very specific so I have no choice but to make it. This necklace cost me about $45 in materials alone and then it look me slightly under 3 hours to make it. I'm sure that as I hone my skills, it won't take me as long to make it. Similarly, if I am able to buy my stones wholesale, it would likely be cheaper to make as well - but since I buy my stones retail, it's slightly more expensive but at least I've got what I want. :)