Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walking Pneumonia

Doesn't that sound a name of a song, kinda like Waltzing Matilda, the "unofficial national anthem of Australia"?

After suffering through 5 consecutive days of a mid-grade fever, I finally got around to seeing a doctor about my symptoms.

You're probably wondering why the hell didn't I go sooner, right? Well, you see, I grew up in a home with a Hypochondriac mother who would drag my poor brother and I to the doctor when we sneezed. Okay, I'm being overly dramatic, but it's true, my mom is a Hypochondriac. At her worse, she was seeing her family doctor daily! Her family doctor has said that much but she feels that she's being cautious and one can never be too careful. Right! Not!

So having grown up around my mom, I've learnt to over-compensate in the opposite direction - so much so that I would prefer not going to the doctor and hoping that my symptoms and ailments would run its' natural course and I would be well again.

Like I said, after having had a 102 degree temperature for 5 days (hey, I was controlling it with Tylenol afterall) and realizing this afternoon that there's something wrong with me, I finally decided to go to the doctor... and that's when she told me that I have Walking Pneumonia.

I have never heard of Walking Pneumonia before. Pneumonia, yes. Walking Pneumonia, no.

Well, I did some investigation about Walking Pneumonia and found out that, 1.) At least I'm not going to be hospitalized for it's not as serious as traditional Pneumonia; 2.) I won't be dying any time soon hence, I don't have to worry about having to give my clothes away; 3.) My new Antibiotics will make me feel much better after a few days and life will be back to the way I know it; 4.) And, it's really no different than say, the flu. I can live with something similar to the flu as long as I don't have to throw-up and run to the washroom everytime I eat or drink something.

So, I'm going to be staying home tomorrow, yes, I'll be lying in bed but... at least now I have a real reason to be lying in bed. I originally thought that I was feeling poorly because I had caught a cold or something but at least now, I know that I'm supposed to rest, so rest I will do.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Feel better! Yeah, it's just like a regular upper respiratory infection. Nothing serious, no need to start selling off the clothes. :) I love your blog, I love pulling it up and seeing the shoes at the top of the page :) So colorful!

goldenmeans said...

aw, I'm so sorry, that's no fun at all! I had double pneumonia once -- ended up spending my 16th birthday in the hospital :/ hope you have a speedy recovery!

♥ Chloe said...

Oh no, ick! Feel better soon!

Leslie said...

I hope you feel better soon! I had regular pneumonia about two years ago, and let me tell you....NOT fun!! I have a pretty bad cold right now, so I know how you feel. BTW...love the past two outfits. You are doing a mighty fine job of shopping your closet, girl!! I broke my self imposed ban this morning. Between new markdowns and the 20% off code $175+ (code is SHHH) I couldn't resist! (Don't you love how I just threw that code in there to enable you?? sorry!!) Feel better soon!!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Oh No!!! I hope you feel better soon! I agree that your outfits have been beautiful, and I love seeing the IRL pics. :) Take care and get some rest.

Maciolek Family said...

I hope that you are feeling better!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I spent the entire day yesterday in bed. I slept for most of the day and spent the balance finishing Sophie Kinsella's Novel Can you Keep A Secret?.