Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hose or No Hose? That is the Question







Despite the fact that it's still winter out and that I still feel somewhat chilly, I've made a decision that as of tomorrow, I will no longer wear tights for the rest of the Winter season. Now, I may regret making this decision later on (for instance tomorrow) as it's expected to snow in the upper levels (meaning close to the mountains) and since I am half way up the mountain, chances are, I'll likely get snow.

Okay, if it snows tomorrow, I'll still wear tights if I wear a skirt to work, that is. But if it doesn't snow tomorrow nor the day after and so on, then I don't think that I'm going to be wearing tights anymore. I know it's still Winter and the temperature is hovering around 5 degress celsius when I leave the house in the morning, tbut he look of the dark tights is simply just too depressing for me.

So, no more tights! That's it.

In the summer months when it's warm out, I normally go without panty-hose. Although I am a sticker about what's appropriate for the office and all, I believe that it's acceptable to go without hose to the office. But in the Spring, when the weather is still somewhat iffy, I tend to wear very sheer panty-hose but in all honesty, I don't like that look anymore.

So, as long as it's not super cold, and provided that my legs are somewhat tanned, I will go hose-less. I personally think that it's approriate to go bare-leg as soon as the temperature hits double digits. What do you think?

If you live in colder climes, what do you do in the Winter? Do you wear tights, panty-hose or go bare-leg? When do you think it's appropriate to go bare-leg? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Anyway, back to what I was wearing today. Quinn Cami in Bright Fuschia, Boucle Berry Astrid Jacket with my not-so-floppy Flower. Since fluffing it in my earlier post here, I simply fluffed it up with my fingers today and pinned it directly onto my jacket. It's held its shape since my original fluffing operation. Black skirt and shoes from Suzy Shier, Tights, Gold and Black Bauble necklace from BR, Double Crystal Enamel Bangle from J Crew and of course, my new Giraffe Bag.

9 comments:

Mslay said...

I want to know if you have a picture of the outfit w/o tights to compare it to. Also you have realy shiny tamed hair that always looks the same, in a good way. How do you do it? Mine always looks different everytime I wash it and I hate it. Once I like how it looks it never does it again.

busymomw2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
busymomw2 said...

I live in upstate Ny and it gets very cold here. I think the black hose looks fine with the skirt. It is way too cold not to wear anything on you legs. I don't think it looks right even if your legs are tan to go without hose when its extremly cold out. I have seen people with flip flops on and think to myself are you nuts. I won't go bare legs or even break out my capri sandels until it hits the upper 50's.

HeidiG said...

I get way too cold to go without tights. Seeing people with bare legs in winter actually makes me cold. I think you can get away with it better with boots and a skirt.

Honestly, your outfit looks great with the black tights. I am a big fan of black tights myself.

But if it truly depresses you, go without. BE happy. Just be prepared for the smart-a## comments, because someone always has to say something, you know.

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I think the outfit looks great with the Black Tights. I also think tights SHOULD be worn in the Winter months. :) You look GORGEOUS!!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Mslay, unfortunately, I didn't take a picture without the tights. Now that I'm thinking about it, if I weren't wearing tights, I would likely have gone with a lighter shoe. I'm sick and tired of winter. I just want Spring to come already!!! Waaaah!!! Sorry, I digress. Thanks for the kind words about my hair. IRL, I have really boring hair. I've been contemplating what to do with it. I used to have hair half way down my back but in the last couple of years, I had it cut to it's shortest, which is where I have it now and now that it's short, I want it long again. Crazy, huh? I'm Asian so straight hair is really not hard to achieve. I personally would prefer to have wavy hair - guess we're never satisfied with what we have. lol! I honestly don't do much with my hair. I wash it everyday, blow dry it with a blower dryer and my fingers, then I finish it with a regular hair brush. Once it's dry, I put a dab of Threads (a Micro Mesh Styler) by Sebastian on my fingers, squish it up in my fingers and run my fingers through my hair to tame the flyaways, style the ends and give it a little shine. That's basically it. I think your hair looks fantastic in your picture. But if you're looking for a little shine and flexible control, you might want to try the Sebastian product. I really like mine and have used it for years (same tube to boot!).

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Busymomw2, I'm sooo with you! Upper 50s is like 10 degrees Celsius and I won't go bare leg until it hits double digits. I saw a lady who had on these beautiful heels yesterday and she was hoseless and I kept thinking how cold she must me.

HeidiG, thanks for your input. Personally, I would like to go without tights but I agree, it's too cold to not wear tights particularly when it was 2 degrees this morning and it's snowing as I am writing this. To me, it would appear insane to not wear hose or tights in the winter. I think that I'm just dying for the end of winter and that's why I'm itching to get rid of my tights. I think I'm going to wear tights until we get into the double digits.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you FFM. You're always so complimentary. And thank you for your thoughts on the tights issue. I agree, I should be wearing tights. :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Hey there! Just in case you didn't see my post on JCA: I posted some pics of the March catalog on my blog. :) Have a wonderful evening!