Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's Outfit





February 16, 2009


So, I kinda, sorta, broke my promise to myself that I wouldn't buy anything until I've worn everything 2 times over. So, over the weekend, I decided that I would return the 3 items I had previously purchase from Club Monaco.


You see, I've been in-love with this Club Monaco skirt for several months now. The crazy thing is, I've actually purchased this skirt a total of 5 times. That's right! Five times. The first time I got it, I paid $119. The original price is $139. Since I couldn't justify paying $119 for a skirt, I returned it. The 2nd time I purchased it was when it got marked down to $99. Again, I took it home and after trying it on several times, I decided that I didn't need a $99 skirt so back it went again. A month later, when I was at Club Monaco for a look-see, there was the skirt yet again. This time the skirt was $79. Seeing that I've been obsessing over this skirt for months now, I purchased it. Again, I took it home and yet again, talked myself out of keeping, so back it went. Then almost 4 weeks ago, after returning from my cruise, I decided that I would buy the skirt since I've been obsessing over it as far back as late November. This time, the skirt was $69. So, I bought it (along with 2 tops). The skirt plus the 2 tops have been sitting in a bag in the corner of my bedroom for the last 3 weeks and on Friday, I decided that I won't be keeping it. I was trying to be frugal. And while I love the skirt, I really didn't need it at $69. So, on Saturday, I decided to bring it back to the store.

In the process of doing my return, the CSR advised me that the skirt had been marked down to $39 and if I decided to keep it, she would do a price adjustment for me. $39! I couldn't believe that the skirt was now $39! Naturally, I took the price adjustment over the return. The other 2 tops went back but since I had now saved $120, I decided to look around and see if I could pick up a couple of cute and inexpensive items.

So after looking around for a bit, I finally purchased 2 skinny belts - one in orange and another in a bright fuschia. I also purchased the necklace you see in the picture. The original price of the necklace was $99 but I managed to pick it up for $29. I thought it was a steal!

So, I kinda, sorta broke my promise to myself. But in a way, I didn't really. Because, after doing my return, getting my price adjustment and buying myself 3 new items, I ended up getting $64 back. So, all in all, it was kinda like saving money, wasn't it? lol!

Anyway, here's what I wore today: Merino Scoop Neck Sweater from J Crew, my new Club Monaco necklace and skinny orange belt and black Tristan America wide leg trousers. As you can see from the pictures above, I had the belt on my hip but when I got to the office, I realized that the outfit looked much better with the belt tightened right at the waist, so I wore the belt on my waist for the rest of the day. I liked the latter look much better.

No comments: