Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today's Outfit - A Few Older J Crew Pieces




Shopping my closet yet again, I completely forgot that I had this J Crew Argyle Sweater. I remember when it came out last Spring, I simply had to have it and when I got around to ordering it, it was completely sold out in my size. Anyway, after stalking the site for a several weeks, (and this was all during J Crew's website fiasco), I finally found one in a Medium (yes, this sweater fits on the small side) and crossed my fingers that it would get shipped out to me. I was lucky to have gotten it.

Similar with the J Crew Chambray Skirt. FFM was the first to discuss how much she loved this skirt on the J Crew Aficionada site late Spring last year. Up to that point, I hadn't given this skirt much thought. Anyway, after her post, I checked it out and fell in-love with it. I had originally ordered it in a size 4. While the Size 4 fit in the waist, it was too short. I really wanted a skirt that skimmed my knee. So, after more scary stalker like behavior on J Crew, I finally found one in a size 6. The 6 is truly large in the waist. But to get the length I want, I had to size up. I wore the skirt for the first time today and I had it sitting right on my hip-bone. I like the look of it this way.

I paired both pieces with a Perfect Fit Flower Tank in Camel, left a couple of the top buttons on the sweater open to showcase the flower underneath plus donned the Wood-Bead Fireball Necklace to pull all of the browns and caramel shades together. I also had on Chocolate Brown opaque tights and knee-hi Franco Sarto Boots.

To keep warm, I wore the Lucinda Stadium Coat in Navy and a Camel Pashmina Scarf looped around my neck.

5 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

Great outfit! I love how the boots look with the skirt and cardi- it's perfect!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I love this! You look fabulous! :)

AppGal said...

Love this! I have the chambray skirt from last spring as well. I wish i'd been able to find a size up, but I got my regular size. I still love it though, and I really like it paired with the argyle sweater! nicely done!

Suzy said...

I love this outfit!! J Crew NEVER goes out of style, it always looks stylish. I have the skirt - did not know about the JCA's or FFM or anyone then...I bought it prior to a pretty big surgery - total knee replacement. (I'm not old, just had an injury at age 22 that led to the inevitable). It was during my recovery that I found all these JC blogs! I read for months before joining in.
ANYWAY (sorry, went OT) I LOVED that skirt, it made me feel pretty and feminine during a time of feeling horrible. I ordered it big on purpose (super comfy since I'd be sitting around a lot) and was glad I did, because it covered most of my scar while it was healing.
I haven't worn it during the winter - but yours looks so great, I'll have to iron it and give it a try!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you everyone for your nice words. :)

I don't wear much skirts during the winter because I'm a scaredy Cat when it comes to being cold. So, it was a real treat to have been able to wear a skirt yesterday. I can't wait for the weather to warm up. The mornings are still cold - hovering around zero degrees. In the Spring and Summer, I hardly wear pants and focus primarily on skirts. I personally love skirts so much better.

Again, thanks FFM for your tip on this skirt. I would never have purchased it had it not been for you!

Suzy, sorry to hear about your surgery. Wow! You're very young to have had knee surgery. I hope you recovered nicely. I also hope that you'll be able to get some use of the skirt soon. :)