Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things that Piss Me Off!

I'm in one of those moods today. You know the kind, ... where every little thing would piss you off? I'm sure that you have your list of things that irk you, and I would love to hear what they are. But I thought I would share some of my favorite pet peeves.

  • Stupid Drivers. I particularly hate the ones who drive slow in the fast lane. I also hate the ones who are completely oblivious to everyone else who's driving beside or behind them. These people should never be allowed to drive. What's wrong with these people? Do they not check their rear-view mirror? Do not not realize that they're holding up traffic? Do they not realize how stupid they are driving so darn slow in the fast lane, only to see vehicle after vehicle pass them in the slow lane?

  • Snotty Retail Clerks. I really have a hate-on for some retail folks who feel that they are far superior than their customers. Don't these people realize that if not for customers like us, they wouldn't have a job? There's no need for that "Holier than thou" attitude! I worked retail all through high-school and university, so it's not like I have an attitude towards working retail. Please drop the "I'm better than you attitude, please!".

  • People who lack Integrity (part 1). This is my philosophy. Do what you say and say what you do. In other words, your word should be gold. If you say you're going to do something, do it. Do not come back and give me some lame-ass excuse as to why something hasn't been done. Be fair and consistent. Treat everyone equally. Do not play favorites. I'm sure you can tell, this "hate-on" is profession oriented.

  • People who lack Integrity (part 2). This sounds totally crazy, but I can't stand people who carry knock-offs and claim that they are the real thing. This really shouldn't bother me ... but it totally does. I would expect a teenager to engage in such behavior. However, I do not expect a grown woman to do this. Really, who are you trying to impress? Those who are familiar with a particular brand will know that what you're carrying is fake. So, you can't impress those people. And for those who aren't familiar with the brand, what's the point of impressing those people anyway? If you can't afford to carry the real thing, don't carry it. If I can't afford something, that's reality telling me that I shouldn't be carrying it anyway. Really, what is the point?

I have many more but I think I'm done for today. Are there things that piss you off? Irk you to the nth degree? Oh, I hope you'll share!

13 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

Ohhh I agree with the driving thing. I can't stand people who are oblivious drivers, especially ones who block lanes or will jam on their brakes when they're in a "go straight only" lane to make a left, therefore holding everyone up behind them. Ugggggh!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FabulousFloridaMommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Repeat post for the THIRD time in order to correct a mispelled word and incorrect use of a verb (bad spelling and grammar are a big pet peeve of mine).

Anonymous bloggers that throw insults and give advice that wasn't even asked for. I wonder if they would be that way if they knew their true identity would be revealed? The fact that people can be so mean and nasty continues to amaze me on a daily basis...I just don't get it.

Man...hope it's right this time...

busymomw2 said...

The fake pocketbooks drive me nuts too. You will never catch me with one. Why spend money on something that will not last more then a year. Invest in a purse that will last a life time. I have bags that I bought 10 years ago and are still in great shape.

AppGal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AppGal said...

Ha-love your rant! :) I have these days quite often myself!

My peeve is people who are ignorant and close-minded. Being a teacher in a very rural area, I hear it from my students all the time, and it's usually because their parents feel the same way. It drives me crazy to hear something that should be so removed from our thoughts at this point in society.

I also get really annoyed with bad drivers. Especially when someone's on your tail, so you move over to let them pass, only to have them either hang back or move in front of you and go slow. ARG!!!!

Oh I have another! HA!
I can't stand when businesses spell things wrong on purpose. They lose my business immediately. Or those who misuse apostrophes, known or unknown. It's a pretty simple concept, folks! (check out

this blogt
for examples!)

Thanks for the excuse to complain for a bit :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Speaking of the fake handbag issue: is anyone familiar with past season Dolce & Gabanna handbags? We have a local boutique that sells *gently used* designer clothing, and there is a handbag there that I really like. Only problem is that I'm not really familiar enough with the line to know if the bag is the real deal or not. Anyone?

Chloe: I left a post on your blog yesterday for you to email me hoping you might know and be able to help...don't know if you saw the comment or not. My email is:

FabulousFloridaMommy@cfl.rr.com

Charlee said...

Ugh, I agree, knockoff handbags are so low-class, but I don't think many people really carry them??

I think pretty much anyone would be too embarrassed to do something so tragic except for maybe people living in ghettos...

Bad drivers bother me when they endanger my well-being!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Since writing this post, I swear that those stupid drivers are honestly trying to piss me off even more!

Chloe, I'm with you. I also hate the ones who keep jamming on their brakes when there's no car in from of them for about 500 yards? I guess they think that they're going way too fast and need to slow down by slamming on their brakes.

FFM, I agree with you 100% - so much so that I had to post a new definition of Anonymous on my on Dictionary post. I gave you credit for it, naturally. :)

busymomw2, yes, fake pocketbooks are sooooo bad as well. I knew of this one young woman - we were both in our late 20s at that time. She claimed to come from a very wealthy family. Apparently her dad was a lawyer for the Mafia? (I don't know if that's something I would necessarily boast about). Anyway, for someone who claimed to come from that much money, she carried around this fake Vuitton Pocketbook and kept insisting to everyone she met that it was the real deal. Sad really!

AppGal, rant away! Being a teacher, I can so see your point!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, I don't know enough about the D & G bags to give you any good advise. I'm hoping that someone else here will be able to. You'll have to post a picture of the bag if you end up getting it. :)

Charlee, I soooo agree with you! Fake Hangbags are sooo low class. That said, it's interesting how some people will still carry them and try to pawn them off as the real thing. Prime example. I had this one woman who had worked for me until recently. She just retired. She carried a fake vuitton - so fake that the bag was literally fraying at the seams. Yet she continually told everyone that it was real. Interestingly, it wasn't that she could not afford to buy the real thing. She had after all dropped $150K on a brand new Jaguar. Which leads to ask the question, why would she carry a fake and try to pass it off as real when she could in fact afford to buy the genuine article. Strange really!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I have a more recent one: BlogSnobs! I mean really, it's bad enough when people are snobs IRL, especially adult women...but ONLINE too? Give me a break!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, good one!!! I agree, BlogSnobs!