Sunday, February 22, 2009

I was Bad on Saturday!

Here's me going out to celebrate our daughter's birthday, all decked out in J Crew and my brand new Giraffe-print bag.

It's soooo hard to be on a self-imposed Shopping Ban. I tried. I really did! And after being really, really, really good for 4 weeks, I actually went out and bought a bunch of stuff this weekend. (For those who've been following my blog), last weekend didn't really count (in my mind, that is) since I was essentially returning a bunch of stuff and simply exchanged them for stuff that I liked more.

This weekend was completely different. I actually went out and spent money. It really wasn't my fault. I was out shopping for my daughter's 9th birthday presents. Her birthday is on Tuesday - Feb 24. And I was at the mall looking for Webkinz clothes plus a couple of games for her DS Lite.

So after walking around in the mall for a bit, I felt this incredible pull (or maybe it was a push).... actually, now thinking about it, there was this imaginary person literally pushing me into Suzy Shier. Okay, there wasn't but I had to look around. For those who are unfamiliar with Suzy Shier, it's kinda like a Forever 21 - fun fashion at an inexpensive price.

So, here's what I purchased. Giraffe Print Bag. I'm a real sucker for anything Giraffe print. I had originally gone in to check out a pair of Giraffe print stilletto heels but for some reason, the shoes only came in size 6 and 7, nothing else! I was truly disappointed but out of the corner of my eye, I spied this bag. It was the only one in the entire store and for $18, yes $18! Can you believe it? I had to have it.



I also needed a couple of pairs of simple heels for work. I've been needing a pair of black shoes as well as grey for a while now. I was able to pick a pair of each up. I don't normally wear polyeurathane shoes but for $15 each, I said, what the hell! Moreover, they look so very similar to these Nine West ones that I've been eyeing but those were $80.


Then I saw this bracelet. It is essentially 3 bracelets in one. There's the big pearl bracelet, the medium size one and then finally a really skinny, micro-pearl bracelet. The price was $2.95 for all 3 bracelets. It's costume jewelry, but personally, I don't think they look $2.95, so I picked up 2 sets. And with the 2 sets, I am then able to mix and match and wear them as follows. 1.) Wear them as sold. 2.) Wear 2 sets of the large pearl bracelets together. I really love the matted look of the bracelets. The color reminds me so much of the cornsilk beads from J Crew. 3.) Wear 2 sets of the medium and micro size bracelets together.

Note: I normally wear my bracelets on my right hand but since I was using that hand to take the pictures, I had to put the bracelets on my left hand - my watch hand. I would never wear my bracelets on my left hand normally. I only did this for the pictures.

So, that's what I did on Saturday. I went out and bought a bunch of stuff. Although I was bad, the good thing is, I didn't spend much for all the stuff that I got. I guess that was my saving-grace.

5 comments:

ashley said...

Cute bracelets! Only $2.95?! That was a steal! :)

♥ Chloe said...

Ohhh, I know how hard it is. I also tried the shopping ban and failed after about four weeks.

I love the bag, though! What a great find!

gigiofca said...

You lasted for 4 weeks? I am impressed! I love the bracelets and the back is really, really cute. You did bargains and that's good.

busymomw2 said...

Love, Love the bag!!!!!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Great finds! Love the bag AND the bracelets! Do you still want the bracelet from Target if I find it?