Friday, January 23, 2009

URGH! I gained 4 %$#%ing LBS!!!!!


Today's Outfit
Lea Merino Cardigan in Golden Avocado, Size XS
Perfect Fit Flower Tee in Golden Avocado, Size S
Lille Heavy Wool Coat in Black, Size 4
All of the above from J Crew
High-Waisted Flared Lined Trousers in Black, size 6 from Tristan America
Patent Leather Pumps in Black from Nine West
Pearl Necklace and Bracelets from Aldo Accessories
Burberry Super Nova Satchel - Holt Renfrew




Despite the workouts on the ship, I ended up gaining 4 freaking pounds on the cruise! Could it be the 3 Appetizers, 2 Entrees and 3 Desserts I was having daily? or was it the fact that the water was gross (I'm spoiled - We have awesome water in Vancouver - right from the Mountains!) and all I would drink in lieu of water was Lemonade? Maybe it was the Low-Fat Yogurt that I ate everyday after lunch and before bed or on the way to the spa. It's Low-Fat so that means that I can eat loads more, doesn't it?

It was one freaking week! ONE FREAKING WEEK OF UNHEALTHY EATING, that's all!!! So, how can 1 week change the way my clothes fit on me? Incredible, isnt' it???!!! It's incredible how my body can change so very quickly from a week of unhealthy eating. I would hate to think what would happen it I were on a 2 week Transatlantic Cruise instead?!

I don't like my clothes to feel tight on me. I like them sorta, hanging somewhat loosely. But today, my pants feel snug (not tight) just snug .... as in fitted around my waist and I HATE IT!!!! (I like my jeans to fit this way - but definitely NOT dress trousers!)

Okay, I must admit, I was wearing my fat clothes the last couple of days and that's why I didn't post any outfits but today, I've got on regular clothes and they feel fitted. They were loose 2 weeks ago! How did this happen? Maybe I need to sew my mouth shut! I have no will-power when it comes to food.



I tried to be good. I really did! I was good the first day, well ... okay. Lunch. I was pretty good at lunch on the day we embarked the ship. And I was somewhat good the first night. I had 2 appetizers, 1 entree and 2 desserts. They had Creme Brulee and Warm Melting Chocolate Cake! I couldn't say no! Really!



Then things just went downhill EXPONENTIALLY after day 1. I couldn't say no to Lobster, Tiger Prawns, Fillet Mignon, Chateaubriand, Rack of Lamb, Ribs, let alone all of the appetizers and desserts that were offered. And you can't forget the wine with dinner. On land, I might have wine say, once every 2-3 weeks. Although I enjoy my Reds, it's certainly not something I have every night with dinner.

Oh My Gosh! No wonder I gained weight!!!


The good thing is, I know that it's a temporary. I just need to go back to eating the way I normally eat while on land and it's only a matter of time before I return to my normal self. It's afterall only 4 lbs.

BUT IT'S 4 %$#%ING LBS!!!!! URGH!!!

8 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

I know how the cruises go! And that low-fat yogurt! Were you on Carnival cruises? I went last year and omg- the low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt was heaven. I'd eat bowls and bowls of it, LOL!

I bet most of it is water weight- it'll come right back off after a week or two of normal eating again. :)

Emily said...

It's so easy to gain weight. I could gain 20 lbs in a month, no problem. My heaven would be to be an actress and get paid millions of dollars to take on a roll where I had to gain weight. Mmmm... Then I'd have plenty of money to hire a personal trainer afterwards. :)

dinagideon said...

I agree with (heart) chloe...it probably is water weight. I have had my share of struggles with frustration over weight, and even four pounds can make or break your mood.

Good luck!

smartblonde said...

After all the hard work you did to get READY for the cruise, it is so frustrating to come back heavier, whether it is one pound or 10. Fret not, you can take those pounds right back off, but you have to forgive yourself first! So you indulged on vacation....who doesn't. Just take a deep breath, deal with the tight clothes for a few days, and get back on track. In a week or two, you will look and feel right back to your beautiful self!!

goldenmeans said...

aw, don't worry. everyone gains weight on cruises, it's like a rule. after a week or two of normal eating and some exercise, i always come back to normal weight. i do understand your frustration though!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Good Morning, and welcome back! So sorry to hear about the weightgain...I know how frustrating it can be, but try not to obsess over it too much. Just get back into the routine of *normal* everyday life, and the extra pounds will drop back off. I'm sure you still look fabulous, and most people probably won't even notice. ;) LOVE your outfit, btw! :)

busymomw2 said...

I know how you feel, I gained 5 lbs last year when we came home from our cruise. Its all of that food that you have access to plus at dinner they do nothing but bring plates full of food. Plus I never went to the spa the whole time. You will get the 4lbs off once you go back to eating normally. We are thinking about taking another cruise this July. This time I really have to behave and hit the gym everyday like I do now.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi Chloe, yes, you're right, we were on the Carnival Pride. Fugly ship but it was cheap so we went for it. The food was awesome and the low fat Strawberry frozen yogurt was heaven! Did you enjoy it? Did you find it Fugly as well?

Emily, You and me both! If I wasn't working out, I'd be fat! I'll do a post of me before and after shortly. I'm waiting for some pics from our trip.

dinagideon, I agree with Chloe as well. I'm quite certain it's water because I've lost 3 of the 4 I've gained. I know it's not much and that it's water but I agree with you 100%, it totally ruins my day.

Smartblonde, thanks for the pep talk. I needed that. Yes, I really worked on losing the weight before I went on my cruise. I knew that I shouldn't have eaten as much as I did but I couldn't say no and came back heavier - I was packing junk in my trunk! Luckily, I'm slowing losing it and would like to lose a bit more.

Thank you Goldenmeans for your nice words. Exercise is key, isn't it? So simple, yet so hard. lol!

FFM, glad to be back. Although the ship was FUGLY, I could honestly continue living on it forever. Why not, when I never have to make my bed, cook, or clean up after myself, right? What a life! But it's nice to be back and shopping. I didn't think that I had missed any J Crew Shopping but obviously my subconscious told me otherwise. LOL! By the way, I'm LOVING your J Crew Review blog!!! I don't know how to add it to my blog list. I need to find a way!

Busymomw2, where are you planning to go on your cruise? If you're going to Alaska, you'll need to come by and say HI! I work right in downtown Vancouver. Oh, please let me know where you're going. :)