Tuesday, January 27, 2009

RETARD!!!

Today's Outfit - January 27, 2009
Victoria Cami in Bright Fushia, size P6
Merino Lea Cardigan in Bright Fushia, XS
NAVY Lucinda Stadium Cloth Coat, size 4
The above are from J Crew
BLACK Pants from Tristan America
Fuschia Pashima Scarf
Black Boots from Nine West
Crystal Earrings and Bangle from Swarovski


Okay, I know I'm not supposed to use that word and I should be using the word Mentally Challenged instead. But let's face it, I'm a Retard. I'm not Mentally Challenged. I'm just downright RETARDED!!!

I'm a FASHION RETARD! Just today and I'm speaking specifically of my outerwear.

Yes, I can sit here and blame it on the weather. ie. I was freaking out because it was snowing yet again and was wanting to leave the house early for fear of being stuck, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't use that excuse. You see, in my little Pea-Brain, I honestly thought that it would be a perfect match.... that is, until I got out of my car and started walking to my office.

What am I talking about? My stooopid Coat! I'm talking about my Stooopid Coat and how it does not coordinate with my pants.

Yes, I'm being pathetic and superficial, blah, blah, blah. Whatever! I just feel downright stupid, that's all.

As you can see from the above Polyvore, I've got on Black Pants with my bright Victoria Cami and matching Lea Merino Cardigan. And to make sure that I had a matching scarf, I traded my Camel Pashmina for a Pink one. And then, as I was about to leave my house, I decided to wear my Navy, yes Navy, Lucinda Stadium Cloth coat - the same one from yesterday. In my little brain, or lack thereof, I honestly thought that it would be a perfect match. Can you believe it? I honestly thought it would be perfect!

What I forgot was, I'M WEARING BLACK PANTS TODAY!!! Black Pants! I own 2 black coats so that I can wear with my black pants. Navy Coat is for Navy pants! But as I was leaving the house, I guess I must have forgotten I was wearing Black bottoms.

URGH! Luckily, it's not like I would have to walk around in my coat all day. Thank God it's hanging behind my office door.

I must sound like some freakazoid to some. I'm sure it's a "no-biggie" for others but I felt downright stupid. What was I thinking????

I mustn't have been thinking, that's what it was!!! URGH!

8 comments:

bug pin said...

Um..actually, black and navy is actually something worn by only the highest regarded fashionistas on the planet. By someone with confidence..I truly hope you weren't freaking out as bad as you sound. You are just at the height of fashion my dear.

Emily said...

Black and navy don't match? I think black matches just about...all colors :) I'm sure 0 other people even noticed it.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Bug_Pin: Really? I didn't know that? When I used to own 1 coat, I would wear it with everything. But now that I own many different colored coats, I much prefer to match Black with Black or a coordinating color and Navy with Navy or with a coordinating color. I'm a bit of a drama-queen naturally anyway. Can you say, Confessions of a Shopaholic? lol!

Emily, I don't think anyone else noticed - except for myself. I was working myself up into a tizzy over something that no one else would have given two hoots about! What I should really have done was wear my Boucle Short Scarf Coat in Bright Fuschia. That would have looked amazing!

RatsOnParade said...

I can't even imagine what you did back in the day when you only had one coat to coordinate with everything. (Not being snarky, I fall into that boat too!) I think as long as your warm you probably won't be judged too harshly. At least you're trying to be fashionable in this yucky snowy weather! That's more than I can say for myself...

ss said...

I think you are safer mixing navy and black than trying to get two navy colors to match! Blacks are sometimes hard to match up. I agree with bug pin.

It's more fashionable to coordinate than match!

Just avoid mixing a black shoe with the wrong navy shoe!

♥ Chloe said...

Totally agree with bug_pin and ss and all the other posters- there's nothing wrong with navy and black! And yes, it's much easier to coordinate those two colors than to get two shades of navy to match, ohmygoodness. Been there. It can be impossible. :(

I'm sure you still looked great!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

RatsOnParade: Isn't that too funny? 2 years ago, I would never have given it a thought if I were to wear Navy with Black or even Navy and Brown (okay, that's just gross - in my personal opinion - and yes, I did that!) But I digress. Now that I have all of the colors I need to coordinate, I should have thought it through.

What I'm trying to say is, there really isn't anything wrong with wearing Navy and Black together. But I own, not one but 2 black coats, so that I may wear them with my Black pants specifically. But because I wasn't thinking, I ended up wearing my Navy one instead. Temporary Brain $#%@! It wasn't so much about Navy and Black but more about the fact that I had a momentary brain fart. I guess I either I forgot that my Lucinda was Navy and not Black or maybe it was the color of the pants that I forgot.

Either way, I did find it quite amusing in a drama queen sort of way that I flubbed - because my INTENT was to wear the same color coat as the pants.

SS and Chloe, I agree, Navy and Black would be easier to coordinate over Navy and Navy or Grey and Grey for that matter.

And by the way, I did walk up to the mall during my lunch hour and was feeling fine in my Navy coat and Black Pants. I guess my Drama session had died a natural death. lol!

Slastena said...

That was a hilarious post! I think you were ok with blue and navy! Beside, Lucinda is so dark it's hard to tell it's not black.:)