Friday, January 2, 2009

I wore Jeans to work today AGAIN!!!

My outfit today - Jan 2, 2009
Tartine Cardigan in Heather Mushroom - Size Small
High Heel Flare Denim in a Dark Wash - Size 28
Wood-Bead Fireball Necklace
Crystal Dot Enamel Bangle
Peacoat with Themore in Dark Poppy - Size Petite Small
All the above are from J Crew
It's Okay, I'm with the Band Tank - by Matilda Jane - Size M
Knee High Chocolate Boots - Franco Sarto
Shoulder Bag - Coach


I guess this isn't mind-blowing for other people but it's a huge deal for me. You see, I NEVER wear Jeans to work .... well, except for Jeans Day - in support for United Way, that is. Other than that, I never wear jeans. Per my previous Director, it's just not cool for Managers to wear Jeans - I should have known better - because he never worn Jeans even on Jeans Day.

Then on New Year's Eve, my VP showed up in my office in Jeans. Okay, I was wearing jeans that day too (only because it was a half day and I knew that I wasn't going to be attending any meetings - and I also had a pair of black dress pants hanging behind the door in my office, just in case there was a last minute meeting called - but I digress.) Anyway, I paired my 5 pocket Dark Wash J Crew Bootcut Denim with my Candy Tee in Champagne, Herringbone Ecole Jacket in Bright Rhubarb and pretty accessories. I don't think he noticed... well, neither did my staff for that matter.

Since I report directly to the VP now and since he's wearing Jeans, I guess I'm wearing Jeans as well. Hey, this is a huge step for me. In my entire professional career, I've never worn Jeans to work except on Jeans Day. Since I knew that hardly anyone would be in the office today, I decided to wear Jeans again!

No jacket today. In fact, I sorta paired down. I think I was a little too casual. But oh well. The day's over and I'm sitting at home in my sweats writing this post... so who really gives a hoot at this point, right?

But I still feel the need to share what I wore today. I thought it was very cute and I quite like it in fact. So here's my outfit. High-Heel Flares in a Dark Wash, Tartine Cardigan in Heather Mushroom, "It's Okay, I'm with the Band" Graphic Tank in chocolate from Matilda Jane (I LOVE this tank by the way - both my daughter and I have the same matching tank!!!), Wood-Bead Fireball Necklace, Crystal Enamel Bangle, Chocolate Brown Knee High Boots by Franco Sarto, Coach Shoulder Bag with Chocolate Brown Trim and Peacoat with Thermore in Dark Poppy. I would have taken a picture but my camera ran out of juice so I guess the Polyvore will just have to do for now.


Yes, this is a picture of the "It's Okay, I'm with the Band" Tank on a little girl. No, I didn't run out and buy children's clothing to wear. Yes, Matilda Jane designs primarily for children but they do make a line for Adults and I love having "matchy-matchy" mother-daughter clothing (provided that it looks hip and cool on both of us!) and yes, this "It's Okay, I'm with the Band" comes in Adult Size and I LOVE it!!!

So Yes, I wore Jeans to work today. That's twice this week!!! Sadly, I don't know when I'll be wearing Jeans to work again. Maybe the Thursday before Good Friday? Sigh! That's such a long ways away!!!!!

5 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Cute outfit! Love the tank, btw. ;) I can't really do matchy-matchy since I have boys, but I DO color coordinate with them...I would SO be right there with you on the matchy-matchy if I had a girl, though! :)

Leslie said...

I'm so jealous! My daughter is now 11 and the times when I've made the comment "I would totally wear that!" she looks at me like I have three heads! I guess my "matchy matchy" days with her are long gone. I used to be the cool mom, now I think she's a little over me! LOL! The outfit is adorable...congrats on wearing jeans to work!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you FFM. I think it's so cool that you color coordinate with the boys. I would so do the same if I had boys as well. It is fun doing the matchy-matchy thing with my daughter.

But as Leslie said, I know that a time will come where she won't think that's cool anymore. At the start of the school year, she refused to give me a kiss or let me kiss her whenever I dropped her off at school. Luckily she came to her senses and we're back to hugs and kisses.

Leslie, just wondering, what's your daughter into nowadays?

Leslie said...

Morning....well, almost afternoon...I slept in!!

My daughter WAS into the Jonas Bros. (for about a month). I guess the boys at school started making fun, so no more....She's in love with Twilight and LOVES Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob. I'm more of a Rob Pattinson kinda girl, if you know what I mean (really, 22 is my limit! Ha....can't go for the 16 year old!! LOL)

Other than that, she's into clothes (Hollister, Abercrombie, some J.Crew like the graphic tees). She's 11 going on 25 unfortunately! It happened so quick, so hold onto your daughter tight while you can!!!

Have a great day!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Leslie, your daughter has great tastes! Hollister, Abercrombie, J.Crew, ... I love those clothes. I just wish I were younger. Sigh!