Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have a dream....




Well, it's really not just one dream, but many of the same, similar themed dreams.

Yes, I'm finally back from my Mexican Riviera Cruise. I had a wonderful time. Ate way too much but that's a different post.

I want to share my dream with you. So, for the last, oh.... 15 years or so, I've had about the same dream every couple of months and the last "same dream" I had, I had it on the cruise. You're probably wondering what kind of dream must I be having that makes it so amazing.


No, it's not about sex. It's not about winning the lottery either. It's a SHOPPING DREAM.

Yes, I have SHOPPING DREAMS .... all the time! Well, not every day or every week. More like every couple of months.

Have any of you had Shopping Dreams? Mine are in vivid color with amazing detail.

I remember one Shopping dream I had about a year back. In my dream, I dreamt that I had come across a PHENOMENAL SHOE SALE at Neiman Marcus and at this shoe sale, I had picked up the most incredible pair of irridescent baby blue open-toed pumps. They were amazing! Naturally, like I am in real-life, I was beside myself. I was so thrilled and could not wait to wear them! And then... I woke up! But for a brief moment, I couldn't figure out if it was real or just a dream. Of course, I was absolutely crushed when I realized that it was a dream.

I haven't had a Shopping Dream for a while now. But on the cruise, I had my FIRST J CREW SHOPPING DREAM! Yes, I had my first ever J Crew Shopping Dream. How do I know that it was J Crew? Because in my dream, I dreamt that I was at a J Crew Brick and Mortar Store, looking through a Sale Rack and came across the Enamel Button Long Sweater Jacket in Heather Charcoal! Knowing that this jacket was only ever available in Navy (in real-life), you can imagine how thrilled I was to have found it in Heather Charcoal! It was $49.99 to boot! I snatched it off the rack and proceeded to search for more finds.


Like all dreams, the part between finding the sweater and paying the cashier was a total blur, but I do remember getting a few blouses, skirts, jewelry and of course, the Enamel Button Long Sweater Jacket in Heather Charcoal and was absolutely thrilled with the prices I paid.

Like all dreams, I woke up. But for that very brief moment in time, I owned the Enamel Button Long Sweater Jacket in a color no one else had. It was the most amazing feeling in the world. Of course, that feeling is so fleeting because as soon as I realize that it was a dream, I was down-right depressed.
Now, I've never ever admitted to anyone, and I mean ever, that I have these amazing Shopping Dreams. I've always wondered, does anyone else have Shopping Dreams?

What are your Shopping Dreams like? Are they in color? What have you purchased in your Shopping Dreams? Are you in specific stores?
What do these Shopping Dreams mean?

Since my last dream focused primarily on the Enamel button Long Sweater Jacket, does it mean that unconsciously, I desperately want this jacket? ...
or is there a deeper meaning to my dream?




3 comments:

smartblonde said...

You are hysterical!! Reading your blog is making me laugh out loud!

Maciolek Family said...

that is too funny! I also dream of shopping- usually for jewelry..:)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

smartblonde, I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I find writing it very theraputic - in a warped way. LOL!

Maciolek Family, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person who has shopping dreams. I was starting to think that no one has shopping dreams except me. It was starting to wig me out! LOL!