Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I AM FINALLY ON VACATION!!!!!


I have to apologize for being MIA for the last 2 days. But after two back to back 15 hour work days, I just didn't have it in me to get on the computer.

But NOW.... I AM ON VACATION! AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, WHENEVER I WANT! Whoooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!

Do you have to put in hordes of extra time before you go on vacation? For as long as I can remember in my professional career, I have had to put in so much extra time before I leave on vacation and after I return to work. It feels like I'm being punished for going on vacation!

I remember an old boss I had, no doubt that she was an alcoholic and wasn't at work most days, but she always left early the day before her vacation. She never ever worked late. She got in late everyday, but never worked late. And she was never ever punished for going on vacation... nor did she ever put in a honest day's work, for that matter!!!

I, on the other hand, have always put in extra hours before I leave on vacation. Take Monday and Tuesday of this week, for instance, I worked until 9pm each night and was back in the office at 7am the next morning.
I'm whining. I'm sorry. It's feels like punishment, but really it's pride; pride in the work I do. So, I hate leaving on vacation without first tying up all lose ends and making sure that everything is taken care of so that there are no surprises for anyone during my absence. That's all!


Okay, enough about work already. VACATION! I AM ON VACATION!

So, here's what I have planned for the next couple of days:

Today:
Run Errands, Fake and Bake, Do boring house stuff like pick-up, cook dinner, etc.

Tomorrow:
Drive to J Crew (I've been waiting for this day for weeks now!!!)

Friday:
Fake and Bake, Pack for Cruise

Saturday:
Fake and Bake, Finish Packing, Fly to LA

Sunday:
Embark Cruise Ship for 7-day Mexican Riviera Cruise



So, this is what I will be wearing for the first evening on the cruise. Abstract Rose Strapless Dress, Lea Merino Cardigan in Bright Tangerine, 2 Bangles from J Crew, Necklace from BR, Seregenti Clutch and Bronze pumps by Nine West to show off my new Fake and Bake tan.


And here's what it looks like in real-life. I doubt that I will wear the dress without the cardigan. I don't particularly like the way my arms and shoulders look. I'm working on toning those parts. Don't you think it looks so much better with the cardigan on? I definitely intend to relax during the next couple of days before we head on our Cruise.

Do you have any Vacation plans for the next little while?

14 comments:

Leslie said...

Would you STOP already!! You look great in the dress both ways and your arms are tiny!!! PHULEEZZE!! You should see my pasty white flabby arms!

Have a wonderful time on vaca. I'm so jealous! I need some warmth as well. I'm headed to Palm Springs in early Feb. for my dad's 80th bday. My brothers and sister are coming as well, so it should be fun! There is a JC outlet there, so I'll be in heaven!

Be safe and I'll look forward to the blog on your return. Oh....also, let us know how the trip to JC goes tomorrow. Take pics if you can! (I don't get out much!LOL!)

smartblonde said...

I think the dress looks great without the cardi, for real, you look awesome!
I just started reading your blog, although have been a JCA for some time now, and it is hilarious! I saw your post a while back about your Cashmere Martine Cardigan, and if you ever decide you don't want it I would be happy to buy it from you, used and all! I have been looking for that size/color combo for a while. blonderascal at hotmail DOT com

Have a great trip!!

Joyce said...

Love the dress without the cardigan, but I'm like you I'd probably wear it too. You just inspired me to pack a strapless top(with my jackie cardigan) for my trip to Florida. Have fun!

Slastena said...

The dress was made for you! Looks superb. I like it both ways , with and without cardi. And tan is perfect!
Have fun on vacation!:)

busymomw2 said...

The dress looks great on you with or without the cardigan. The cardigan does bring out your tan. Enjoy yourself on your cruise. I don't know if this is your first cruise but you will love it. I have been on 5, last year we went to San Juan Pr, St Thomas and Tortola. Relax and enjoy the sun.

One is Never Enough said...

Beautiful both ways! Have a great cruise.

Send us pictures from J Crew!

Em said...

I LOVE the dress without the cardigan, personally! It looks great. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your words about people wearing inappropriate things to work. This really gets me going too... what are people thinking? Sigh.

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I like it best without the cardigan, and I think you look fantastic! Have fun at J.Crew tomorrow, and on your vacation! :)

starla729 said...

very cute outfit... i vote too - no cardigan. the dress fits you great!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Awwww, thanks everyone for your kind words. I think that we're naturally more critical of ourselves than others are of us. I guess depending on the weather, I may or may not wear the cardigan.

Leslie, you'll have a great time in Palm Springs. It'll be nice then and you'll have a fabulous time at the JC outlet.

Smartblonde, I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I get a real kick of out writing. I'm sure you can tell, I don't take anything too seriously and spend a lot of time laughing at myself. I may take you up on the Martine Cardigan since it's quite large on me. I will email you once I decide. :)

Joyce, have a great time in Florida! When and where are you going?

Slastena, thank you. The dress feels beautiful on. It comes with a built in corset which helps hold everything in. lol!

Busymomw2, this is actually my 4th cruise. In all honesty, I'm not a cruise person. My husband loves cruising. I prefer being on solid ground with little to no rocking. I suffer from motion-sickness in a big way but it was either cruise to somewhere warm or stay here in Vancouver in the snow. I chose Warm and throwing-up. lol!

Em, I'm glad to hear that your flower turned out. I've noticed that after about 5 days, my flower started getting a little droopy (but not crushed like it was when it first showed up). So, I've taken it off. I will only put it on the jacket whenever I'm about to wear it. BTW, you'll look awesome in court in that color!!! You'll be rocking the place!

Thanks FFM, I will be sure to have fun tomorrow!

Thank you Starla729!

Megan said...

You look fantastic without the cardigan! I actually have the same dress and had a hard time getting used to it 'uncovered' up top, I think because this dress has a fairly low strapless top - it just feels lower to me up top than other strapless items I own. Have fun cruising!

AppGal said...

I'm with everyone else...that dress is gorgeous on you and I definitely like it better without the cardi. The cardi is a good option for cooler, breezy nights though! Have fun on your cruise. I'm sure you're excited to experience some warmer weather!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you Megan, Thank you Appgal. I'm definitely looking forward to my trip. I leave in 12 hours! Whoooo Hoooo!!!

J said...

That dress is gorgeous!! Love the blog.