Isn't this top simply stunning? It's screaming, Buy Me! Take Me Home! Not only do I love the style, I also LOVE the print!
Not only does it look great with Jeans, it will also look awesome with trousers or a pencil skirt for the office (with either a cardigan or a jacket over it, that is). I personally think that it's somewhat too risque to wear on it's own to the office. I am from the school of thought that there's an appropriate place and time for everything. For work, a jacket or cardi over this would be perfect. After work, this blouse should be worn on its' own. Don't you agree?
Talking about risque wear, I cannot believe some of the stuff people wear in my office. If I didn't know any better, I'd thought that they were either going out for the evening or working the evening! It was a real eye-0pener for me when I first arrived at my current place of employment.
You see, I had originally come from a Japanese Auto Manufacturer who had a strict dress-code. That's probably where I had instilled in my head that Jeans were not appropriate for work. Then again, neither were Capris, Cropped Pants, ... actually any kind of pants that exposed the ankles, Cargo Pants, Tees of any kind, Halters, Cropped Tops (okay these 2 made perfect sense), Sandals, ... the list goes on and on and on. It was truly over the top!
Then I arrived here and it's like ANYTHING GOES. So, as you can imagine, I was completely appalled to see halter tops being worn without jackets, Camis (yes Camis worn alone), Bra Tops, Cropped Tops and worse yet, painted on Leggings with a short belly-baring top... on someone who really shouldn't be wearing Leggings or a belly-bearing top for that matter. OH MY GOSH! As you can imagine, it was like I'd died and gone to Fashion Hell!
I don't believe that companies should have dress codes. I think that everyone should be able to use some good judgement when it comes to dressing for the office. Why is it so difficult for some to disern appropriate from inappropriate????
So, for those who are somewhat unsure as to what's appropriate, here's a quick run down:
- If your bra is visible, don't wear it.
- If any part of your boob is showing, cover it up. Some cleavage is okay but there shouldn't be so much cleavage that others can actually see the front clasp of your bra.
- Wear a cami under a see-through blouse. No one wants to see the color of your bra. It doesn't matter that your bra has DIAMANTES on them. No one wants to see them - except when you're on a stage.
- Wear a cardigan, throw, jacket, etc over Halter Tops, Bra Tops, Camis and the like, particularly in the Winter. I do not believe for a moment that you're so warm-blooded that you're HOT all year round!
- Painted-on Leggings should not be worn PERIOD! If you have a huge compulsion to wear such leggings, please wear it over something that hides your crotch since you've pulled your leggings up so high that it completely outlines your privates.
- Skirts should cover your ass. If it shows any part of your trunk, it's not appropriate.
- Check yourself out in the mirror before leaving the house. If you look like you'll be starring in an Adult Movie, Music Video or a combination of the two, wear something else.
Are there people in your life that dress inappropriately? Does it irk you like it does me?