Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today's Outfit - Warm and Cozy Cashmere Femme Sweater


I love my J Crew Cashmere Femme Sweater - particularly on cold mornings like today. The Cashmere is so very soft to the touch and the color is simply stunning (Heather Plum is the name - for those interested). I was originally concerned about the color - for fear that it would scream Fall 2008, but IRL, this sweater is a classic and the color is very pretty yet unusual. The Femme sweater fits TTS. I purchased a size small (I measure approx 34" in the chest). It fits nicely in the chest area yet has with a little room to spare. It flares slightly under the bust which allows me to pig-out (if I choose to do so. lol) So, on days like today - where it's cold and I've got a hankering for comfort food, I am able to wear a cami under my sweater for extra warmth and load up on stew. To accessorize my outfit, I have on the Acorn Necklace (which by the way I absolutely love) and the Double Crystal Bangle and the Crystal Dot Enamel Bangle.

2 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

LOVE the color of the sweater! Cute outfit, too! I'm curious about the size of the Acorn Necklace...is it really large IRL? I have recently started to purchase some J.Crew jewelry pieces, and have been surprised at how much larger they are IRL than on the website. I wish they would list the measurements along with the descriptions. :)

Btw...glad to see you posting again! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi FFM,

Thank you! I love the color of the sweater as well. It's not as plum as my Berry Astrid. It's much softer and very pretty.

As for the Acorn Necklace, I LOVE this piece. Side note: I don't own a whole lot of accessories but the ones I own have come from J Crew and in all honesty, the J Crew accessories that I own are of a much better quality compared to others. But back to the necklace. It's not large at all. I recently purchased the Paisley Beaded Necklace and found that just overpowering so I ended up returning it. But the Acorn is the perfect size. It's certainly a statement piece but it's not really large. The acorns are about the size of an unshelled peanut. The links are approx. 7/8th of an inch long each. The necklace falls between my chest and my waist. Everytime I wear it, I get complimented on it. I highly recommend this necklace. My only regret is not getting the matching bracelet. I am kicking myself for it!